Chapter 20 - Departure

"Are you ok?" Endre was at the door not sure whether he should enter or not. I was sitting on my bed trying to process the events that happened at dinner. 

"Yeah." I barely heard the question though because my thoughts were going a mile a minute. Endre finally decided to enter. He tentatively came and sat next to me on my bed. 

"Are you still wanting to go tonight?" Endre lightly approached a topic of discussion. 

"Yeah.. I just... did you see what she did to those men?!" I was horrified. Literally I was more scared than the time in the orphanage when I poured glue into Mistress's shampoo and she had come raging out in nothing but a towel yelling at all of us. I don't think we got fed that day... I had been told that Julienne was powerful but I always forget just how powerful she can be. I had never really seen her in action and I somehow forgot that she was someone to be feared. She just seemed so gentle around me...

"Yeah.. your mom- well Julienne is a complicated woman and she has complicated pasts with different people. I don't think she was in a very good place with those peo-"

"Uh you think?!" I interrupted him and then immediately regretted it. "Sorry, I'm just very confused. Very. Confused." I got up from the bed and started pacing back and forth on the floor in front of my bed. "Okay... let me just get everything sorted out." I took a deep breath and started in.

"I am an orphan who had lived on Earth my whole life up until the Avengers came and adopted me from the orphanage because I have unique qualities or whatever that means. I mean I have been capable of small amounts of magic when I was younger and this might be why the Avengers picked me to come stay with them. The group wanted me to be a spy on another planet because I have similar qualities and I ended up pretending to be Asta the queen's daughter and the queen may or may not be my mom but thats TBD because nobody knows for sure. This group of men are threatening Julienne and want something of hers and now Lyric is working with them. Their name is the Phalanax and they threatened me this morning to make me tell them information on the Avengers I have no idea why and now the Avengers want me to get out of Asgard ASAP and Julienne wants me relocated." I summed up the whole entire thing in one breath and then took a look at Endre. 

"Wow. Wait so can you actually do magic?" Endre's eyes were wide in awe. 

"Is that really the only thing you got from this whole thing?" I pursed my lips. 

"Nah, I just found that really interesting." He then scratched his neck. "So our next step should be...?" 

"I still want to go to the Asgardians because I want to know who these men really are. I think that should be our first step because it is the best option to finding out what these men really are up to. I'm debating on our decision to go tonight though because of what happened at dinner there might be more people guarding the palace. " Endre nodded along to what I was saying. 

"Ok I agree. We don't have to go tonight when do you think we should go though?"

"I'm actually thinking in the very early morning tomorrow. I just don't want Julienne to take me away to somewhere else or the Avengers to send in people to bring me home. I also feel like the morning is better than the night and I can't really explain why." I shuddered thinking about Julienne. She really freaked me out now that I knew she was capable of such evil.

"Okay." Endre seemed a little reluctant but I didn't really care in all honesty. "I am on shift for guarding the entrance in the early morning so it may be a little difficult so we should meet at the bifrost in the morning rather than us going together. Just like say you wanted to take a walk if anyone catches you." I nodded agreeing.