Chapter 24 - The Midnight Walk

I woke up the next day extremely emotionally drained. Not to mention the scar on my chest from the burn was hurting SO bad. Two days until they attack. Two days until what? We loose and all of Asgard is taken over by the Phalanax? I buried my face in my hands. Two days until they attack and I still have nothing. No defense, no way to get the Avengers here faster, and on top of it I was expected to be around either Julienne or Runa for most of the day so there wasn't anywhere I could go to contact anyone without raising any suspicions.

This really is the worst kind of torture. I thought to myself. As much as I hate life on Earth I miss the feeling of having nothing to do.

The day passed by super slow and I was surprised when Endre showed up at our meeting place. He had seemed pretty mad the previous night so I wasn't so sure on how willing he was to work with me.

"Hey." I said softly

"Hey." He still seemed upset and he wasn't making eye contact.

"I'm surprised you showed up."

"Really?" He sounded uninterested.

"Yeah."

"Cool." Our conversation went quiet for a short time because I didn't know what else to say.

"Hey dude I know you might be mad at me but we need to figure out what's going on with the Phalanax. We are soooo close to finishing this mission but we just need to work together a little bit more." I pleaded. Despite me literally begging him he remained with a blank look on his face. I tried once more. "The Avengers will be here soon."

Finally he sighed. "Yeah... I'll help. I agreed to it after all."

After inviting Endre into the castle, we had a snack while whispering our plans. Every plan that we discussed involving people evacuating the city but that seemed a little bit hard to do especially because no one would listen to us given our ages. "Are we going to break the royals out for this fight? We didn't see them in the maze right?" I scrunched my face trying to remember but I have a really bad memory and I couldn't remember a thing. Endre thought about it a little bit.

"No we probably shouldn't because we wouldn't want something bad to happen to them. It's important to the people of Asgard for us to keep their royals safe. I nodded in agreement. "Sounds good." However try as we might we couldn't figure out a plan. There was nothing that two mere kids could do. (Well actually two mere people because Endre was technically a grown ass adult).

When Endre left I couldn't help but feel a little bit hopeless. I tried to contact the Avengers again but there was no response even after four tries. I went to sleep trying not to think about any of the present matter at hand. It didn't make me feel any better though.

Upon waking up, all I could think about was how the castle would be stormed tonight. I contemplated telling Julienne when I saw a weird yellow light coming from the bathroom. Huh? I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. In the room stood a man I've never seen before. He had on strange robes and from his neck hung a weird gold necklace. Beside him stood Natasha and Nick Fury. I tilted my head to the side.

"Well hello my lovely people. Welcome to..." I did a spin and ended it with jazz hands. "My palace." I laughed at their disgusted faces.

"Hi Y/N." Nick Fury spoke up first. "Please give us all of your information surrounding the situation."

It took me a while to tell them everything that had happened. Especially because Runa had came into my room halfway through my story and I had to explain why I was talking to myself in the bathroom. (I think even alone I do that though. You have to talk to yourself sometimes or else you'll go insane.) Eventually I finished telling them everything that happened along with the fact that the Phalanax would be storming the castle tonight.