Chapter 10 - Close call

Lyric and I lay panting in the kitchen. I started laughing, and then he joined in. 

"We will get in so much trouble if they found out we overheard their conversation." 

"Yeah." He agreed. 

"Hurry, let's get some food out so if they come in here they can see we are eating and have been." Lyric shrugged and pulled out French Bread with olive oil out of the cabinet. We perched ourselves on top of the huge chairs as we started to eat. Just then Tony walked in and we both stopped mid-chew and exchanged glances. Act normal I thought to myself as he glanced at us with a suspicious glance. He then gave us a warning stare and walked out of the room. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. 

"That was close" I said as I gave a relieved sigh. I started eating the bread, which was actually good, and got up to get us napkins from the brown drawer that was conveniently right behind the stool I was sitting in. 

"So, what do you think they were talking about in the room." Lyric asked in a hushed voice. I shrugged. 

"I heard something about somebody named Loki, and Thor, wonder what that could be..." I said "Do you.....do you think that whatever they were talking about, could it have to do with us?" I asked.

"Nah" he replied, "I doubt it would have to do with us and if it did it would be about-" he stopped suddenly, flushed and then looked at the ground. "Nevermind" he said. I looked at him knowing he knew something, that I didn't, that was probably about me. I gritted my teeth. I was so tired of having people talk about me or know things about me that I didn't. 

"Um I think I'll go to my room now." I got up and put my dishes in the dishwasher and headed out the door.

The bad thing about being unique, and have weird things happen to me (like flying or other weird things), is that they never occur at the right times. I had just stormed out of the room and was turning to go up the stairs when I saw Amy coming down the stairs.  "You were supposed to be up there a half hour ago she said in her sassy voice. 

"So?" I replied, I didn't really want to deal with her at the moment, when I felt a weird tingly sensation in my arms. Oh no I thought. I ran past Amy and literally flew up the stairs two at a time to get to my room. When I get to the landing I bump into a rock hard thing that was inconveniently placed. When I finally realized the rock hard thing is a person, I knew it was too late. I felt my feet leaving the ground....