Chap. 1- Academy

FWOOSH

Jason smiled, hearing the plane streak through the air, fast and graceful. Pulling up his legs, he watched they flew in a V-formation.

Fast, graceful, majestic.

Flying high, where the wind and clouds live, where birds soar and glide.

Looking down, Jason held up his amulet. A spaceship, made out of moon rocks. It was a good luck charm, when his great-grandpa went to the moon and brought home moon rocks, engraving it in. Even if it didn't actually give him luck, Jason kept it. Gotten from the moon, all the way in space.

He would want to fly in the infinite skies to have a view of the moon.

Looking over to the obstacle course he set up in his backyard, he shook his head and smiled. His grandpa was in the army before, and taught his father to fix any mechanical item. From cars to planes, a little wind-up robot or real mechanical toys. The course, according to his grandpa, is similar to the one in the boot camp. The wall climb, crawling through tight spaces, monkey-baring your way over. Might be more for soldiers, but Jason was happy that he got something to practice when he was bored. Built up his muscles and stamina too, he did much better in gym. Even if he didn't make it to the Air Forces, he can try out other positions.

"Looking at the jets again, bud?" Jason looked over his shoulder, his dad sitting down next to him on the stairs. "You good that we live fairly close to the airport?"

"Yeah, isn't the airport known for it's amount of jets that practice?"

"Mmhmm, it's used for military training as well." Watching them, Jason sighed wistfully.

"Dad? Do you think I can fly one of those one day?"

"If you work hard and strive to your goal, you can do anything." Giggling as his hair was ruffled, Jason looked to his side. "And if you do, you can build your own jet."

MU, the dream jet Jason wanted. He built several small models, ranging from the interior to the outside look. Dark blue with light blue streaks, orange lining over the cockpit and "MU" written over on the side. "M" stood for his dad's name, Mike, while the "U" stood for "Universe." Jason loved his dad, and his dad's motto stuck to him always.

"The universe is endless, just like the possibilities of what you can do."

"Want to go help me fix up the old car? I'm giving it away to a worker at the supermarket that needed it for his family."

"Can I do the engine?"

"As long it's runnin' smooth, I'm down." Grabbing the model, Jason ran in with his dad and set it on the kitchen counter. He took the safety goggles off the coat rack, pulling his sleeves up and going into the garage.

He would persevere to his goal, no matter what.

____________

FWOOSH

Seto tapped his fingers on his desk, slowly turning the page before reading again. Drumming the fingers again, the door creaked open.

"How are you doing?"

"Fine."

"Still reading on the jets?"

"Gotta know something." Seto looked up, through his bangs to his father. Commander Sorcerer.

"Did you study the map of the base?"

"Yes."

"Where's the kitchen from your bedroom?"