Chapter 12- Something's Coming

"I'm telling you, Jason is so going to date the commander!"

"How can you tell?"

"Dude, they've been spending late-nights flying out to the floating islands or leaving base to window shop."

"Jason may be trying to relax the commander."

"He does have a lot on his plate at such a young age."

"Still, would the commander do those things with anybody?"

"He does usually say that he's too busy..."

"Exactly! Jason's special!"

"Do you really think the commander would date, though?"

"He does seem to be the type to put his work in front of pursuing a love interest..."

"But this is different; the work isn't interfered with their meetings."

"It's either at night when everything is finished or during break time."

"Do you think they've kissed yet?"

"Maybe it really is just Jason trying to relax Seto..."

"Seto is his mentor, after all."

"It isn't unusual for rookies to treat their mentors."

Jason looked down at the little cake box in his hand, walking through the corridors of the base. Jerome was the main source to learn what the latest, hottest gossip around was, his ears picking up all the different conversations throughout base. Word got out about him and Seto's nightly flight sessions, and now it was the topic on several people's mind. He tried to ignore the looks from the others as he made his way to Seto's office, knocking on the door.

"Come in." He opened the door, holding out the little box.

"That bakery you really like had a new cake item today, Berry-Cherry Shortcake." Seto looked up from his table, swiping closed the tab he had open; it looked like some news headline, Jason only managing to catch a few mentions of portal sightings in the outskirts of the city. Huh, maybe he should catch up on the news as well soon...

"You didn't have to, Jason." 

"I was already in the city to pick up a few books, and passed by." Jason set the box on Seto's desk, opening it up.

"Thanks, been wanting something sweet!" Seto got up to take his lunch break, chatting a little bit with Jason. "How has your training been going?" A laugh, Jason running his hand through his hair. He set his jacket down on the chair, sitting down.

"Nearly all my clothes are stained with oil and grease! Roommates been complaining of my smell, since I spend so much time in the machinery section."

"I can tell. You do smell like a mechanic." Seto sipped his coffee, Jason blushing a little bit with embarrassment; he would understand how Jerome would be able to smell the oil, but Seto? Was it really that noticeable? He spent the longest time trying to wash the scent out, but even with the advice the other mechanics gave it didn't give the best results. "Here, have this." Seto got up and took a little bottle off his desk, handing it to Jason.

"Perfume?"

"It covers up strong smells pretty well. Honey, it's what I use after spending a day fixing planes." Jason spritzed a little bit of the perfume, setting it on the desk as he heard the clock signal 1:00PM. "Looks like it's time for you to go back to fixing planes."

"Hopefully this works! Bye Seto!" Seto watched as Jason left the bottle on the table, eyes looking over to Jason's jacket that he left behind as well. Setting down the now empty plate and fork, Seto picked up the jacket; the edges were lined with stars, the jacket a soft shade of blue. The material was soft on the outside, smooth on the inside; Seto raised it to his nose, smelling scents of chocolate and cinnamon. Course, the smell of grease was there, but it was hardly noticeable. Seto smiled, hugging the jacket.