Chapter 5- Carnival

"Yo, wanna head out to the city?"

"Serious?" Jason looked up from fixing a plane, Sky and Jerome standing at the garage doorway twirling a set of car keys.

"This week is free-for-all, half of the members are all in the city anyway. You wanna come with us?"

"Where are we going in the city?" Taking out a map, Sky read off a paper list stapled on the left corner of the map.

"Grocery shopping, the food up here is getting bland. Gotta start stacking up on those chips and sodas." Jason laughed, getting up. Sky was right, eating the base's food for months has gotten tiring, any new food would be wonderful. "GameStop, heard they got some sweet new releases. Probably going to hang around the park, mall, just roam round till we have to come back."

"The Arena, GOD it has been too long since I've participated in a Survival Games!" Jerome held up a small badge, the plating saying "#5" with a diamond ax in the background. "Tomorrow I'll be participating in it."

"Alright, I'm coming. Let me change out of these oil-stained clothes."

"We'll be waiting at Exit 3!" Jason put all his tools away, taking the overalls off and tossing them into the small washing machine. Going to the dorms, he peeked over at the corridor leading to the office. Seto was staring up at the framed pictures of past commanders, walking slowly. Jason noticed each picture had the commander's favorite plane, often a special, one-of-a-kind custom made plane. Occasionally there was an animal in the picture as well, most likely the commander's pet.

"Hey, Seto?" Jason called out, Seto turning his head. "Sky, Jerome, and I are heading out to the city, you want to join us?" Blinking, Seto took a quick glance at his phone, looking back up at him with a small smile.

"Sure, give me a minute."

"We'll be waiting at Exit 3." Jason went to his dorm, changing into a blue hoodie and gray-blue pants. Doing a quick spritz of cologne on areas that smelled of oil, he headed down to Exit 3.

Exit 3 was the main exit and entrance to and from the city. It was lower than the other Exits, though one has to take a cable-car to get down to the city safely; it was still about a few thousand feet up.

"I invited Seto along, I thought he might like some fun time ever since..."

"It's been a few months, he does need some time away from this place." Jerome stopped a cable car, looking over. "Ready?" Seto came down, a purple jacket with a red creeper face in the center and dark gray pants. Definitely looked more like a teenager than an all-powerful commander.

"Pile in!" The group got in, Sky and Jerome sitting on one side as Seto and Jason sat on the other. The cable car screeched, slowly descending down towards the city. Sky and Jerome chatted about the areas to visit, circling locations. Seto stared out the window, Jason twiddling his fingers. When they were near the ground, festive music reached their ears. Sky and Jerome's eyes lit up like fireworks.

"AMUSEMENT PARK!"

-----------------------

"Doritos!"

"Lays!"

"Fritos!"

"Cheetos!" The four argued in the snacking aisle, each of them holding a different brand of junk food. Jerome grabbed a box of assorted junk food, slamming it into the shopping cart. "DONE!"

"We gotta have cookies!" Seto grabbed the chocolate chips, tossing a pack in. Jason came back from the fresh produce aisle, having a watermelon, veggies, greens, and fruit.