Chapter 10- Let's Go Flying Together

"Maybe you should work as a technician and rescuer instead of fighter." Jason took a bite out of his dinner, Sky leaning back against the bedpost as Jerome left to get their laundry load. "You looked really uncomfortable during our first battle simulation."

"Did I?" Jason laughed a little, nibbling at his peas. He shrugged, looking down at the book all on jet parts. "I didn't notice much then..."

A field of forget-me-nots, withering away as the dead bodies of his friends littered the ground...

"I guess I'm a bit more a pacifist."

"Yeah, I can't see you operating a fighter jet." Jason flipped through his book, writing down a few important clues and notes. He should sign up for the technician and rescue classes; hopefully he didn't get a new mentor... Seto was a great teacher; he vastly improved his skills through tips and tricks given by Seto between simulations, the commander occasionally showing Jason a few new moves in the skies. But he really did excel more in the technician side, fixing up planes both in the air and on ground. He spent some time with the actual fixers, watching with wonder as they moved with lightning speed to fix up damaged planes.

He shivered as he remembered the battle training. It was the first they've done, and it wasn't pleasant to him.

Jason set his pen down as he finished up his dinner, tossing it out. Scribbling the last of the notes, he slid them into his notebook. Jerome was back, setting their laundry down. The bacca did well in their battle simulation; his survival games skill of quick reflexes and fast thinking got him through the first few parts, his steady hands firing precise.

"Had some experience with my darling." He explained as he exited the cockpit, grumbling as he saw his fur was beginning to puff up again.

Setting his alarm clock for an early run, Jason stretched and got ready for bed. He could hear Sky and Jerome chatting away, splashing water onto his face and wiping it off. Wringing out the cloth and changing into his sleepwear, he lied down on the couch as Sky fought to get in the shower first, shouting how he didn't want Jerome to clog the drain up again. He smiled as he heard them scuffle about, Jerome finally being shoved out with a huff. 

Seto seemed to be better spirits ever since their little meeting on the roof. He gave more difficult simulations, pushing Jason's skills to the limit as each one got more and more hard. He was also sent on a few actual missions, the majority just retrieving or sending items. He was to choose which class he was to master in tomorrow. Technician, fighter, strategist, and more.

He really hoped Seto was going to still be his mentor if he chose technician.
--------
"Technician?" Seto looked up from the paperwork, Jason shifting a bit in the chair; Seto's office seemed to hold a strange aura of mystery around it, one that felt... unusual to stay in. With the chair the creak gave when Jason sat down, he could tell that not many people actually came in to chat with Seto. The commander was usually busy, taking on the responsibilities and duties after his father's death. "We are running a bit low, since the majority usually fall under the fighter or rescuer section."  Seto set the pen down, folding the paper neatly and tucking it into an envelope. He set it down in a stack of other envelopes next to him, opening up a little compartment in the wall. "You do well when it comes to building and fixing planes for missions." Jason leaned a bit forward, watching as Seto sent the envelopes down the chute; he could hear a faint sound of warping, Jason assuming that the documents have been teleported to their destination. 

"I was wondering if you'll still be my mentor." Jason said, looking at a stray strand of fabric on the armrest. The pattern on the cloth has faded quite a bit. "You're a really good teacher, and I want to continue learning with you."