Spiders

Leorio wasn't one to rush home, normally he'd just take his time and let his thoughts wander. However, currently he was speedwalking home due to the old friend he had staying with him. Leorio had insisted on it when the kurta said he could just stay in a hotel.

"Really, it would be no trouble..." Kurapika had said.

"Nonsense!" Leorio countered, "You don't want to stay in some creepy motel. You can stay with me!"

The blonde had given him a gentle smile, "Really?"

"Yeah! Of course!"

Leorio smiled to himself at that and picked up the pace. He wanted to get home to Kurapika as soon as possible. In fact, he wouldn't have even gone to school if it weren't for the blonde insisting.

"Don't risk your education on my account." Kurapika had said.

So now, Leorio was finally on his way home. He wasn't the best cook and he wasn't about to make his guest cook, so he decided he was going to take Kurapika out for dinner. Leorio knew just the place. He smiled to himself rather pridefully until he was in front of his apartment and heard a rather loud ruckus from inside.

"Kurapika!!"

With much worry, Leorio bolted to the door and fumbled with his keys. He dropped them once and scrambled to pick them up, accidentally bonking his head against the wooden door. Leorio shook his head while finally unlocking the door. But the sight he saw was almost comical.

Kurapika stood in his kitchen, weapons drawn and eyes flaming a bright scarlet. A fuzzy spider sat atop his granite counter top and Kurapika was very much not having it.

The blonde raised his arms and brought his wooden swords down incredibly fast but sadly just missed the spider. The loud noise was enough to pull Leorio from his daze, though. The blonde hadn't even noticed his friend and was too busy trying to destroy the spider for existing near him. It wasn't until Kurapika raises his weapons once again that Leorio intervened.

"Geez Kurapika! You're going to break my counter!" Kurapika looks up briefly before letting his arms fall in a non hostile manner, "Leorio." The wood clinked against the countertop.

There's was a short moment of relief though it was quickly replaced with Kurapika being distraught once again. As he briefly let his wooden swords fall, the arachnid that was once on the counter took the chance to climb upon the weapons. Kurapika's eyes widened and he quickly dropped them. Stomping his foot in attempt to crush the spider, "Die you filthy spider!"

Leorio laughed nervously, a bit of sweat dropping from his forehead.

"Die! Die! Die! Die!" The blonde continued, aggressively stomping.

"Kurapika! Calm down!" Leorio tried to reason with the blonde but he wouldn't have any of it.

Leorio sighed, grabbing a broom and walking back over to his friend, "Step aside and I'll kill it." The brunette nudged away Kurapika before walking the wolf spider with a large broom.

He raised his arms before bringing it down right onto the spider, "See what did I tell you? I knew I could-" Leorio cut himself off as many tiny spiders began to erupt from the eggsack that the spider, unbeknownst to them, was carrying. "Holy crap..."

The blonde shuddered and practically climbed his tall friend next to him, "Kill them Leorio!"

"What do you think I'm trying to do??"

"Try harder!!" The kurta was still latched onto Leorio and refused to let go until every baby spider were crushed.

Leorio stomped all of the bugs after a few moments, his shoes clicking against the tile floor. Once they were all deceased, he sighed and wiped his forehead. "That wasn't so bad."