TWENTY SIX

Arya's expression hadn't changed from it's amazed state since the group first laid eyes on Winterfell in the distance.

For once, Edgar didn't offer any witty remark or try to change the atmosphere, Will even thought he looked a little scared. He wondered what his business with Sansa had been.

They walked over to the gates of Winterfell. Two men guarded the entrance, one chubby guy and the other lanky.

Arya walked over eagerly and the brothers followed after a quick glance. 

Edgar leant back against against the wall and crossed his arms. Will echoed his brother on the opposite wall.

The men turned as the small group approached. They gazed over the trio and then at each other.

"Where are you going?" Said the fat one as Arya tried to walk in, shielding the entrance.

"In there. I live here."

The two guards shared an amused smile and chuckled, "Fuck off." Muttered the guard and dismissively waved at her.

Will would have stepped forward, but honestly, he doubted she even needed his help so he watched quietly. The guards seemed to nervously keep an eye on the brothers throughout the exchange since they both looked vaguely threatening, armed with swords.

"I'm Arya Stark. This is my home."

The laughed again, snoring whilst they looked at each other. Will felt his jaw clench but he kept quiet, narrowing his blue eyes at them.

"Arya Stark's dead." Said the thinner one, a ghost of a smile on his face.

Arya looked from one guard to the other and sighed, "Send for Maester Luwin." She said boldly, "Or Ser Rodrick. They'll tell you who I am."

The skinny one contorted his face, "There's no Rodrick here." He said confused. The fat one chimed in, "The Maester's named Walkan."

Arya looked mildly annoyed, "Go ask Jon Snow then. The king in the north. He's my brother."

"He's a thousand miles away." Responded the guard, his tone unfriendly.

The skinnier one stepped forward and Will fingered the hilt of his blade tucked away beneath his cloak.

"It's cold and we're busy. Best fuck off."

The fat one grunted in agreement.

Unmoved, Arya looked between them again, "If Jon's gone. Who's in charge then?"

"The lady of Winterfell? Lady Stark?" Said the skinny guard as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

Edgar shifted at his statement and Will looked over at his brother who was now staring intently at the guard.

"Which Lady Stark?"

The guards redirected their attention to the approaching Edgar.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"None of your fucking business." He responded coolly. The guards seemed to back down a little. Will had to admit it, his brother when he wasn't being his usual self, could be very well intimidating.

The fat one grunted and looked back at Arya, "You tell us. You're the one impersonating her sister."

"She's not fucking impersonating you moron." Interjected Edgar harshly but Arya raises her arm slightly towards him. He seemed to get the hint and shut up but continued to glare at the guards. Will didn't move.