TWO

Will Hale awoke to a stray stream of sunlight illuminating his face and forcing him to wrinkle up his face and turn on his side

Will Hale awoke to a stray stream of sunlight illuminating his face and forcing him to wrinkle up his face and turn on his side. The day was nicely warm which was always pleasant as Braavos wouldn't have to sit through another scolding hot day.

The broth boiled as the boy heated it as he stood undisturbed next to the wooden table. He hated servants, what was the point of people carrying you around all day, tending to your own needs when you could just do it on your own. He pitied them, often wondering how abnormally boring and annoying the job of tending to a stuck up lord who did nothing but sleep, eat and court women.

The broth had spilt over the top of the rusty pot and Will cursed as the hot liquid sloshed over his hands and shirt. He hastily set it down still cursing and ran his hands through his hair sighing.

Only a mere five minutes later Will was back to normal, his hands had been run under cold water and appropriately bandaged on his right hand.

The girl was still vaguely in his mind and he had decided to try his best to ignore the thoughts about the strange girl as he knew the chances of seeing her in the big city of Braavos was very slim and almost impossible.

Will eyed his sword which was as always delicately placed at the edge of the table along with his daggers which were his most prized possessions. They had been especially forged for his father on a voyage to Westeros  by a skilled craftsman.

They were beautiful with intricate wooden carvings on the side. House Hart - a large leopard in a background of limp green vines had been carefully carved into both the blades' handles.

The boy walked forward and with expertise grabbed them, swiftly twirling them around before casting one last look upon his otherwise empty house and walking out of the front door.

The street was pleasantly empty which meant that the boy didn't have to cover his head like usual. 

Voices sounded from the street over, men he thought probably annoying some passer by. He knew them, a group of disrespectful young men. Pickpockets too, prepared to stab some poor civilian to get their greedy hands on some money.

He pushed his way through the narrow alley and came out of another, slightly wider alley. The girl he saw the day was standing in a fighting stance with a small sword hanging from her outstretched arm. Still partly concealed by the wall he glanced the other way to see the familiar thieves smirking at the girl, wielding some awfully sharp looking daggers.

"Turn around and go" she tried to plead desperately, trying to hold a brave face. The men glanced at each other and snickered "That's a nice little sword" remarked the first one, who appeared to be the leader of the pathetic posse "Worth a hundred pigeons a sword like that"

The girl stared back with a stoic expression "nothing's worth anything to dead men" she replied holding her ground. Will found himself trying his best not to smirk despite the situation, he almost thought she could handle this on her own.

The men snarled, stepping closer and holding their blades which were glimmering from the light of the sun in the air like a warning towards the girl.

Will stepped out of the cover of shadow and into the early morning light his sword extended in his hand. "I wouldn't if I were you" he warned stepping behind the girl and pointing his sword in the direction of the men.

Two of them instantly step back, recognising him as the boy who was expertly skilled with his sword. The other one looked a bit scared but quickly wiped that expression off his face and took another daring step forward.

"I say we can take him today boys, pretty boy here is outnumbered two to three, if the little girl even counts. The other two glance at each other before gulping and stepping forward their knives slightly shaking as they once again held them up in the warm air. "Can you fight?" the girl whispered harshly looking at me obviously not convinced. "Not a problem, the real question is can you?" he replied not taking his eyes of the fast approaching men. 

"Of course I can" she hissed ignorantly as if the question offended her. "I sure hope you can" Will coolly replied. The first man lunged at them and Will swiftly pulled the girl behind him as he easily disarmed him, sending his blade flying. 

The other two seemed hesitant but obviously realised it was too late to back out so they charged forward. Will swung his sword at the first man who narrowly missed but obviously celebrated too soon as another strike came sending him flying backwards.  He then stood, scrambling for a grip and instantly ran the other way. The first man had already fled leaving the remaining one trying to run away but not before the girl stabbed at him, piercing his hand.

He yelped somewhat like a little girl but continuing to race out of there as quickly as he possibly could.

Will started after them for a few second before being broken out of his trance by the girl's voice, "thank you" she hesitated "I probably couldn't handle them on my own".

Will stared at her for a moment, slightly mesmerised by the pretty shade of her eyes and her fiery nature. "It's no problem, just another day in Braavos".

She nodded slowly, still looking ahead. "Who are you?" she asked glancing back up at Will. "Will Hart" he replied, "pleasure to meet you" she looked impressed for a second then turned to confused.

"The leopard with green vines, they were great warriors" she said quietly "I thought house Hart was gone" He looked at the girl, "the legacy mostly broke with my father, I'm not one for public attention".

She nodded. "Who are you?" questioned the boy. "Arya Stark" she said. Will raised an eyebrow "You're awfully far from home little wolf"he replied grinning. She grimaced, staring down at the cobble stone street. Will instantly realised "sorry" he simply said "I also lost my family" she looked back at him, sharing a small smile.

And thus began the story of Arya Stark and Will Hart.