ELEVEN

Arya sat motionless and stared out at the sea.

Her back was starting to ache from sitting on the stone stairs for a while but she had already braced herself for the possibility that she would have to sit here for a while.

Especially since she knew going back wasn't an option. 

Arya didn't think is was possible to look Will in his face after everything he's  done for her. And she had just left.

She wasn't going to lie, she was starting to regret it.

She should have told him what she was doing, not wrote a stupid note like some stupid coward.

Arya was lost too deep in thought so as the large, heavy door finally budged she almost fell down the stairs.

Stumbling down the stone, she steadied herself and regained her composure and averting her attention to the entrance.

The man wasn't Jaqen H'ghar.

He looked at her unimpressed and looked down at her as if waiting for her to speak.

In return, Arya stared back. A mixture of fear and confusion clouding her thoughts.

There was an uncomfortable silence, the waves crashed on rocks faintly behind them and the wind whipped Arya's hair.

It was quiet for about a few moments, what felt like hours to Arya then the man stepped to the side and gestured with his staff for her to go in.  Arya looked unsure for a second then caved and cautiously shuffled forward and into the dark building, not looking away from the strange man who was was watching her intently with a blank gaze, void of emotion.

                                               -----

It was the dripping sound that started to drive Arya mad. There was no sound. nothing. 

Except for that damn dripping. It was rhythmic and highly annoying, she wasn't even sure where it was coming from.

The room was cold and sullen, not just in temperature but there was an aura of darkness that was making everything seem grey and drab like death was a physical presence here.

"Who are you?"

The voice startled Arya for the second time that day and she whipped her head in the direction of the noise.

Arya was startled when she saw that in the doorway stood a girl, not much older than her. Arya's mind was immediately drawn to the fact that she had come into this room without Arya even noticing anything like the door opening. The girl was looking at her with the same blank gaze the man had given her earlier. 

Arya stared for a bit, unable to process the proximity of the whole situation. She was pretty sure that she looked a bit stupid, staring at the girl with her mouth agape.

The was a quiet in the room that seemed to drag on for ages.

The girl, still standing motionless in the doorway repeated her question patiently,

"Who are you?"

The girl's eyes were still fixed on Arya, her gaze seemed to pierce through her entire body and Arya shuddered under her watchful look.

She suddenly wished she hadn't left. 

What was she going to do here in this strange place?