Chapter 8; The star festival

YN's POV

I woke up to birds chirping, and sunshine. I got out of the bed, and went downstairs only to find Yami there.

YN – Captain.

Yami – Oh. You're finally awake.

YN – How long was I out for?

Yami – Three days.

YN – Okay. Where's everyone else?

Yami – On a mission of sorts.

YN – I'm gonna go train then.

Yami – Alright. See you later.

I went outside and let my magic loose. It felt good to finally let that bottled up frustration loose. However, I kind of blew up half the forest. I had been getting the scars from my previous body back, like someone was using a weird spell on me. I knew it was because of the battle at the underwater temple, but it hurt anyways.

Noelle – YN!

Asta – We are back!

YN – Welcome back guys!

I ran up to my squadmates, giving them hugs and highfives. I then sat down to train more magic. After the fight with Vortex, I got a new spell. It was an armory spell called Vortex beater. It was a gun, that fired two types of rounds. The first one was your basic rapidfire shots. The other one was a magical projectile that homed in on my enemies. As I was practicing on the training grounds to get some practice. Before I noticed it was evening, and so I headed back to the base, only to find it empty. I looked around and found a note. YN, we left for the festival. Come when you are finished with training. Yami. I smiled, changed into a fancier suit and left after my squad. Later when I arrived to the capital, I quickly found Magna, and Luck. They were drinking something and I didn't want to involve myself with them at the moment. I continued wandering around Kikka and contemplating life and stuff, when I noticed a familiar silver haired mage.

YN – Noelle!

Noelle turned towards me first with a fearful expression, but as soon as she noticed me she smiled.

Noelle – YN! Glad you made it here!

YN – Did you think I wouldn't come? Or did you just miss me?

Noelle – Both.

We took part in a lot of games and then ran into the captain of the Crimson Lions; Mereleona.

Mereleona – I've been looking for you two.

YN – Oh dear god. Let me guess. Training?

Mereleona – Not exactly. You are to reach the hot springs on the peak of a volcano.

YN – Isn't that volcano a strong magic area?

Mereleona – Yes. How'd you know?

YN – Gut instinct. (Actually I just watched too much anime while alive.)

Noelle – But... I can't control my magic that well.

YN – Noelle, use the technique that you used when we were going to the underwater temple.

Noelle – Okay. Thank you...

Suddenly the ground shook and a dragon flew out of the volcano.

Mereleona – It's the fire dragon! Everyone run!

YN – Not on my watch. Cursed flame magic, Frozen Hell!

A ton of cursed flames suddenly appeared, and hit the dragon seemingly doing no damage.

Noelle – YN! Run!

The dragon turned towards me, and prepared to attack but I was quicker and managed to do one last spell.

YN – Cursed flame magic, Hallow's bane!

3rd pov

YN cast the spell, and a lot of cursed flame beams appeared pointing slightly above YN. The beams started to form a giant ball of cursed flame and after all of the cursed flame was in the ball, it disappeared and then a huge explosion could be seen. The dragon disintegrated, and YN was knocked out and bleeding heavily due to concentrating so much mana in a tiny place.

Mereleona – He could easily make a royal knight. Hey Noelle!

Noelle – Yes!?

Mereleona – Relax, I'm not going to bite you. Does he always pass out after two spells?

Noelle – No. He could do dozens of spells with ease but they are weak ones on his scale. He used an extremely strong spell and it took it's toll on YN.

Asta – He's one of the strongest mages of all time! I bet he could take down the eye of the midnight sun with ease!

Mereleona – Is that so... Noelle, tell him that I want to see him when YN finally wakes up.

Noelle – Yes!

Asta – Oh. He also can use three types of magic!

Noelle – Technically it's now four. He used bone magic against that skeleton thing.

YN – I gain new types of magic by defeating opponents. Armory magic, First aid kit!

Mereleona – That's two out of three types I've seen. Now... What's the third type? And the fourth?

YN – Noelle, Asta! We got to RTB.

Mereleona – Wait! You guys will take part in the Royal knights selection exam right?

YN – I will. I know Noelle will and Asta probably will. Now... Armory magic, P-38E squadron! Mount!