Chapter 3 First mission and the golden dawn

YN POV

After the initiation and a good night's sleep I decided to go explore the base a bit. I went through the first floor, finding Charmy eating breakfast, Gauche stalking his sister, and Luck looking really out of it, and me wandering around aimlessly. Eventually I somehow got to a long corridor, going towards the balcony, when somebody tapped my shoulder.

??? - Excuse me.

YN – Yeah?

??? - Could you help me?

I turn around to see a silver haired girl with beautiful purple eyes and fair skin. She was looking at me waiting for my answer.

YN – Yeah. Sure. Of course I can help you. What can I help you with?

??? - Well... I have terrible control over my magic, and seeing how you have great control, I thought maybe you could help me develop?

YN – Seems good to me. Can I ask what's your name?

??? - Oh shoot! I forgot about introducing myself. My name is Noelle Silva. What's your name?

YN – My name is YN. Nice to meet you.

I smiled, and then asked.

YN – So Noelle, where do you want to develop your control?

Noelle – I have a place where I already practiced yesterday evening. I saw yesterday that your magic is way more powerful than mine.

Meanwhile we arrived to Noelle's training spot.

Noelle – Here we are.

YN – Alright, show me what you got.

Noelle – Got it.

Noelle then proceeded to summon a water sphere and sent it towards a target, but after traveling over the first half Noelle's water sphere lost control and flew to the side.

Noelle – Yeah. That's my problem. Any spell will go out of control and fail. My brothers and my sister mocked me. Told me I should be dead.

This enraged me as nobody should say those things to anyone. Much less to their own sister.

YN – Ok. First of all, you're definitely not worthless. Secondly for projectile based spells, I can help you. Try changing the shape of your projectile, or spin it up, but spinning it up means that you need to launch it faster.

Noelle – Change it's shape? To what shape?

YN – Let me show you. Armory magic, H.E.A.T shell.

The shell appeared, and I showed it to Noelle.

YN – Try to replicate the shape of this shell. And launch it, but don't try to control it at all. The fins at the back of the shell will stabilize itself.

Noelle – Ok... Here we go!

Noelle fired the shell, which was made of water this time, and marveled at the speed and accuracy. The shell hit the target, and the target got broken by water.

Noelle – Wow! I didn't know just the shape of a projectile could stabilize... well anything.

YN – I can't help with those barrier spells, as I don't have any of that.

Noelle – No problem though. You already helped me a lot.

That's when Magna found us.

Magna – That's where you guys are. The captain wants to see you both.