9. The One With the Virginity Topic

After a while of silence, Bender began to whistle a marching tune, making everyone in the room follow behind. The children were all sitting in their original chairs, except for Mara who sat next to the other rebel on sight.

As the principal entered, Bender changed the whistle tune to Beethoven's 5th.

"Alright girls, that's thirty minutes for lunch," Vernon expressed, looking at the students in the library.

"Here?" Andrew asked.

"Here," the principal responded, sounding annoyed.

"Well, I think the cafeteria would be a more suitable place for us to eat lunch, sir!" Andrew expressed, trying to convince Vernon to let them get out of the library. Mara wouldn't mind a little change of scenery, since being in the library was already making her feel like she was in a prison cell.

"I think that would be the wise thing," Mara dictated, making Vernon look directly at her. She smiled sarcastically while the principal held a serious expression on his face.

"I don't care what you think," Vernon raged at Andrew and Mara.

"Uh, Dick? Excuse me, Rich... will milk be available to us?" Bender asked, raising his hand. Mara laughed silently at the name calling.

"We're extremely thirsty, sir," the wrestler expressed, adding to Bender's request.

"I have a very low tolerance for dehydration," Claire retorted.

"I've seen her dehydrate sir, it's pretty gross," Andrew said, making Mara look at him in disbelief.

"Eww, we don't want to see that!" Mara exclaimed, making Bender laugh.

"Relax, I'll get it!" Bender said, standing up from his chair, but was soon stopped by Vernon, making him sit back down. "Ah, ah, ah, grab some wood there, bub!"

"What do you think, I was born yesterday? You think I am going to have you roam these halls?" Vernon questioned, pointing at the rebel. Not saying anything else, Bender and the rest of the students listened as Vernon ordered Andrew and Allison to grab some soda pops in the teacher's launch. After he requested the action, Vernon left the library.

Waiting for the wrestler and Allison, Mara sat on a chair near a table full of books. The table was close to a veranda. She observed the different genres that were located within and decided to grab a medical book. The colors of the abstract art, representing DNA, motivated her to check the book out.

As she passed the pages, she felt a figure sit next to her. Looking at his chocolate eyes, Mara smiled at John, who smiled in return. Brian sat in the veranda close to both rebels while Claire stood against the sculpture as her mind drifted off.

"Hey," he greeted, winking.

"Hey" she responded, looking at him.

"What are you reading?" Bender asked, looking at the book in Mara's hands. At that moment, she was checking out specific information on a medical condition.

"Check this out," Bender whispered, sending chills run all over Mara's body. He was very close. He wrapped his right arm on the back of her neck and looked at Claire.

"Claire, you want to see a picture of a guy with elephantitus of the nuts? It's pretty tasty," he teased, making the prom queen roll her eyes. Mara laughed and playfully hit Bender's arm.

"No, thank you," she responded, annoyed. Bender smirked and continued to bother the princess while Mara observed her reactions.

"How do you think he rides a bike?" John asked, looking at Claire, who rolled her eyes and turned away in disgust.