Episode 74: Gift from Above I

“You’re becoming a pain boy,” said Chakca. “Witness the power of Chaos Magic,” she said while raising her hands up and then down. Green miasma traveled from her hands, forming to what appeared to be the head of a dragon. Leo encased himself in with an all round shield made from crystals as the dragon breathed poisonous miasma fumes.

            Leo then decided to punch the top of the shield, sending it into the dragonhead and when it hit it shattered, distorting the image, which gave him the time to dash at Chakca. He pulled out a dagger and began swing, but missed every time. She unleashed a cloud that knocked him down.

            “Give it up boy. I am the Bringer of Power, I am far superior,” said Chakca.

            “That might be true…however, Chaos Magic has a way of biting the wilder in the ass,” smirked Leo. Chakca wasn’t impressed by his arrogance and was about to cast a final spell when she noticed the miasma from the dragonhead was still lingering around her. She casted took much of it within the small space they were fighting in as Leo back flipped up, causing Chakca to stumble.

            “Sharktle embedal!” cast Leo, throwing his dagger. When the dagger made contact with the miasma it exploded, knocking Leo out cold.

            “AhAhhhahAHAh!” screamed Chakca as the miasma was set on fire, engulfing her in horrific flames.

            Cosmosis charged at Xiong, however he materialized behind me, releasing red electrical energy that caused him to fall to his knees.

            “Your cosmic power is impressive, however you’re in the Dynasty’s domain now and here, my power rules over all,” said Xiong. Just then Xiong held up his scythe as he blocked the blade of a sword,

            “I like to challenge that theory,” said Queen Aureka. She held out her freehand, releasing Cosmosis from his bind. Xiong pushed the blade off and twirled his weapon around once. Both Aureka and Cosmosis attacked Xiong together, with every blow was a block and with every block there was a blow toward that person. Xiong blocked using the end of the scythe from Cosmosis’ spear, he then swung the chine at Aureka who ducked down. She then moved her sword forward, making Xiong use the head of the scythe to block, allowing him to use the end of the scythe to swing at Cosmosis. When Cosmosis blocked, Xiong double kicked him, making him stumble back.

            “Witness all of my might for I am—The Bringer!” said Xiong, as he sent a wave of negative energy into Aureka, sending her straight into Cosmosis. 

            “He’s right…in this domain, he has the advantage,” she whispered, slowly getting up.

            “Would it be wise to use the crystal?” asked Cosmosis, standing up.

“I feel that I would have to push it over its limit, which will put stress on the crystal thus shattering,” she explained. Since Cosmosis has the memories of all five Elemental Warriors, he knew that if the Flora Crystal breaks, it would end Aureka’s life. Suddenly a huge crystal smacked Xiong right in the helmet, leaving a crack. The broken pieces from the thrown crystal fell like snow, as time seemed to slow down in Aureka’s eyes. Everything seemly so clear now as she caught a snowflake-like piece and held it in her hand. She now knew the gifts that her parents bestowed upon her and was ready to use them.  Cosmosis turned, seeing Leo with burnt clothing approaching them.

I now know what I must do.” Aureka’s sword faded, leaving only the flower-shaped crystal behind as it levitated in both her hands.

“You can’t, the crystal will surely shatter and if that happens then…then…”

“You are my son, heir to the powers of the Royal Family,” she said to him softly.

“That doesn’t matter! If you die before I’m born then I won’t exist at all,” said Leo. “I thought I could change the future, but I can’t…what is written cannot be undone.”

“Do you think…you have the audacity to use the crystal in my domain? So be it. Then I will use all the power the Dynasty has to offer me!” shouted Xiong as his gauntlets engulfed the scythe, absorbing its power. Both gauntlets now surged with dark red electrical negative energy. Queen Aureka reached out and touched the side of Leo’s cheek and said,

“I may not know what kind of mother I was or will be or what the future holds for all of us. But, I do know that the future is worth fighter for and that it can change for the better.” Before he could say anything, Aureka waved her other hand and pushed Leo away. She did the same to Cosmosis unexpectedly.

Aureka grabbed the crystal with both hands and held it tight on her chest. Xiong locked his fingers together, forming one fist, unleashing a beam of negative energy.

“Noo!” shouted Leo as Aureka stood in the direction of the beam.

“Mother…the gift you gave unto me,” she prayed as the beam hit her.