Chapter 12

Dave
New York, New York

It's been about 3 weeks since I met Ray's family and I would say things are going real smooth between us right now. This girl had me falling for her foreal. I don't know what it is about her but just thinking about her makes me want to risk it all for her. I honestly wouldn't trade that feeling for anything. She was nothing less than intoxicating.

As I walked around the city with my homeboys I just took everything in. I was living the life right now. I had my career, I had my family, and I had a woman who was down for me. I was ready to take it there with Raven for sure. Just as I pulled out my phone to text her I heard one of my boys calling my name from in front me.

"Yo Dave, why you so quiet my nigga? Usually you be talking a nigga ear off," said Kah.

Then Bully fat head ass want respond, "man you already know that nigga in another world right now thinking bout that shawty he be with." I smacked my teeth. This nigga always got some to say.

"Man shut yo bitch ass up. I'm just chilling my nigga." I proceeded to unlock my phone and go to Raven's thread asking her if she had plans tonight.

Ray😍: I do boo :( me and the girls were gunna hang at B's tonight.

Me: Damn. Ight no worries.

Ray😍: yea... what you up to?

Me: I'm out with the boys right now. You must be on your break huh?

Ray😍: I'm on break, yea.

Instead of responding I just tapped the icon to call her. She picked up after the first ring.

"Hey Pooh. What's up?" I asked trailing behind the boys so that they wouldn't be all in my conversation. Them niggas nosey.

"Hey, nothing. I'm so ready to get off. I think it's time for me to get a new chair because my back has been hurting so much." She was whining like the little baby she is and I made a mental note to get her a new chair.

As I was opening my mouth to respond, Shooter called out and pointed to the shoe store that they were going in. I went in behind them.

"Word? You want me to give you a lil massage? You know I used to be a masseuse in my past life" I grinned as she let out a little laugh through the phone. "Here you go with that hyena laugh. All in my ear barking." She had the ugliest laugh but it was so cute.

"Stop playing with me David." She always want play these "David" games. She just don't know.

"What I told you about that girl? You gone stop that." She let out a laugh and all I could do was shake my head as I looked through the shoes. I saw a pair of baby blue off white Jordan ones retro. Them hoes was fresh as fuck. I was gone get me and ray a pair. My shawty gotta match my fly. "What size shoe are your little ass feet in?"

"Hmm it depends. Why?" She always gotta question a nigga.

"Cause I'm asking. What size shoe girl?"

"If it's flats or heels then I wear a 7, but in tennis I usually fit in like a 6.5 in woman's." I nodded my head as if she could see me and waited for the worker to come to me once he finished with Kah.

"Little ass feet. You so small ma ma" I smiled thinking about her size. Everything about her was so perfect.

"No. You just mad big. Always wanna talk about somebody size, but have you ever thought that maybe it's you who's too damn big?" I chuckled at this girl and shook my head. I seen the worker box Kah's shoes up and decided to wrap up our conversation.