Chapter 8

I barely proofread y'all 😭

Raven
Manhattan, New York

I turned over in my sleep and felt around the bed for my ringing phone. When I found it between my blanket and the flat sheet, I squinted my eyes but quickly answered once I saw that it was Dave.

"Wassup Ravennnn!" I squinted again once the FaceTime connected. He was somewhere that was extremely bright. Not mention that he was screaming like he was a fan at his own concert or something.

"Hey boo, what's goin on" I laid back on my side and used the pillow beside me as support to keep my phone up. I peeked in the tiny box up top to the right and saw myself. Dave's surrounding lights shun onto my face and since I was already light skin, I wasn't hard to miss in the dark. I could hear his voice get softer as he continued to speak.

"Damn I woke you up? My bad, what time is it?" That was an amazing question. I checked the time and it was 2:56 a.m.

"It's going on 3, why what's up?"

"I just got done with a show in San Antonio, I wanted to call you up but I ain't realize how late it was. My fault Pooh" I shook my head and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

"It's okay, you're all good. I don't have to go into the office today" I heard someone in the background talking and opened up my eyes to see who it was.

"Man that nigga Dave stay on the phone being all lovey dovey and shit" I saw a baby face pop up and instantly knew that it was Kah. We had kind of talked before, but it's only because he picked up Dave's phone when I was FaceTiming early on in the tour. "Wassup boo" he winked and I giggled. He was the goofball outta the crew.

"Hey Kah"

"How was your day beautiful?" Before I could respond, Dave pushed Kah back and started cursing at him causing me to laugh. He was so mean.

"Man don't talk to that fool. He always playin around" I laughed a little and looked all over at Dave. He was so cute.

"You're just a meanie. But anyways, how did your show go?" I asked, curious to see if he had anymore crazy fan stories.

"It was so good. The energy was crazyyyy. You know, to see everybody vibin witta young nigga is just something special, ya know" He moved from the bright room to a more quieter and darker room.

"Yea, I know this means the world to you. I'm really glad that you're havin a good time."

"Thanks Pooh" I rolled my eyes and blushed at his nickname for me. I don't know where it came from but he wasn't letting it go and it was cute. "What you doin later on since no work?"

"I have to handle some stuff with my business then me and the girls are more than likely going to go shopping and have dinner tonight. We haven't had a girls night since that day at the club, damn near 2 months ago" I yawned

"Damn that's cool baby. You wanna go back to sleep? I hear you yawning and shit" I shook my head but realized he probably couldn't see me since it was dark, so I spoke up.

"No, I'm okay. I wanna talk to you for a little more."

"Ight. Well when I come back to the city I wanna take you out the night before my show. Then the next day you can come to the concert and after party." He gave me a quick run down.

"Alrighty. Sounds like a plan. I can't wait. I've been so a lone. I didn't realize how much we hung out until you left me all by my lonely." He chuckled that sexy chuckle of his and I saw his wet tongue slide across his lips.