Chapter 2

Harlem, New York
Dave

"Run that track again." I was sitting at the studio with my niggas Bully, Kah, Shoota, Profit, and my dj, Wavy. It had been a couple days sense I first saw shawty at the club and honestly, I'd been thinking about her a lot.

"Earth to Dave." I had been a little off my game and I guess the guys noticed. "Damn nigga. The fuck is you thinking about?" I looked over to see Shoota staring at me and snapping his finger in my face.

"Man it might be a lil crazy," I started talking then took a long sigh.

"This nigga over here acting all melodramatic" All the guys started laughing at Bully's unfunny comment. I shook my head feeling a lil stupid that I was tripping over a female that I didn't even know and probably would never see again. As soon as I was about to talk, Kah opened his mouth.

"So you gone tell us what's up or not Dave?"

"Man I don't even know. But it's this female I ran into at the club the other day. Thought shorty was a stripper, but she wasn't. Man she was so damn bad, but her attitude was just as bad." When I paused I looked around and saw the same exact face on everybody's face. I furrowed my eyebrows when they all busted out laughing at the same time.

"Nigga I know you not in your feelings over no bitch. I mean did you at least get shorty number or you hit or something?" Shoota asked while still laughing. I just shook my head and pulled out a blunt to light up. I honestly didn't even know why I was still thinking about the girl. I didn't even know her damn name. "So you sitting here going all crazy over a girl that ain't even give you the pussy. What's her name?" I blew out my smoke before shrugging.

"I don't know. She wouldn't tell me." Again everyone erupted in laughter as if I had said some hilarious ass Kevin Hart joke. "Man fuck y'all. I'm out." I put out my blunt and stuck it behind my ear then pulled my hat on top of my head.

"Man why you taking it to heart? We can go out tonight and pull you a shorty just as bad." I shook my head and grabbed my keys.

"Yo wave. Save that shit I recorded for next session. And can you send me them beats?" He spun in his chair and nodded his head. "Ight. I'm out" I saluted and walked out the studio room. I headed to the elevator and when I got to the first floor I walked out of the building, to my car. I wasn't sure where I was headed so I sat in my car and re lit my blunt while I thought. It was only 4 in the evening and I didn't want to go home just yet.

As I was finishing up my blunt I called up my moms, who answered the phone quick as hell. Before I could even open my mouth, my moms spoke up. "Well hello to my first and only son" I chuckled because I knew she was about to get in my ass for not talking to her in a while.

"Wassup ma." I could already tell that she was rolling her eyes. I knew her too well. "And don't be rolling your eyes at me woman." I heard her laugh from the other end which caused me to laugh too. "Nah but what's up? Whatchu gettin into right na?"

"Nothing. Me and your dad are about to head out to the store. How much longer are you going to be chilling out her in New York?"

"IIIIIIIIIIII don't know." I dragged out. "Maybe another two weeks or so."

"Well are you busy tonight?" I thought for a second then shook my head. Once I realized that she couldn't see me, I mentally necked myself.

"Nah. Imma prolly be at the crib tonight."

"You should come over for dinner. I'm making some jerk chicken with rice and peas." My mouth was watering. I could already taste it. That was one of my favorite meals and moms knew it. She knew damn well once she said she was making that, there was no way I could say no to coming over. It was already a done deal.