UNEVEN ODDS

Just another bit of debris

──  in the wreckage of war

── in the wreckage of war.

ELOWEN ALENERANT had once learned to appreciate the silence. In a world where she couldn't see as clear and vivid as others around her due to a thin, smoky layer with which she had born over her teal blue eyes, the female struggled to have the same agility, dexterity or precision of noticing and fix on the things around her field of view, always blurry and misguided. That, until her father had taught her every flaw, could always be balanced with strength.

With years of perfectionating her hearing, Elowen became able to hear even the furthest distant flutter of a bird's wings, or the humming of her mother at the beginning of their street when she came back home from work, usually around seven, soon forgetting about her sight or the lack of it. Until one day, the silence went from being her ally, to a fearful enemy.

Because there was silence when her father left that Thursday evening from home to never come back, abandoning his daughter and wife without prior notice. There was silence when, at the age of sixteen ─ twenty-four hours earlier from turning seventeen, on the day of the reaping of the 72nd Hunger Games, the Alenerant's name stroke the cool breeze tangling her long flaming hair.

And when, at the doors of the 75th Games President Snow appears with a wooden box on every screen of Panem, to bring into the memory of all his audience the reason behind such event ─ and the peculiarity of its anniversary rejoiced with a Quarter Quell, silence will yet newly fill the air. But Elowen will be both too exhausted and horrified of quietness by then, to keep quiet.

And instead, she'll scream.

the hunger games

catching fire

⋆*·゚: .⋆ THE CAST