Chapter 12

"WOW LOOK AT YOU TWO

         "WOW LOOK AT YOU TWO." Charlie had just took a bunch pictures of Ava and Bella. He taken a few more before Bella stopped him getting camera shy. "Can I talk to you for a second Ava."

Ava nodded walking towards him away from Bella.

"I just wanted to let you know that I never hated you." Charlie said patting her on the head. "Your like a daughter to me I'd never ever hate you."

"Thanks Charlie." Ava said smiling.

"I'm sure you don't want to talk about this but I'm a little disappointed you didn't tell me about that guy." He said. Ava felt bad hearing the sadness in his voice. "I-I don't want that to happen to you again so you let me know if anyone ever tries to hurt you again ok. I know Edwards a good guy but I never met his brother he's pretty big. You see that gun there."

Charlie picked his gun up.

"Charlie trust me Emmett would never, ever hurt me." Ava said. "He loves me."

"Ok... but just in case take this." He handed her some pepper spray.

"Charlie!" Ava said laughing.

"Just take it. It'll give me some peace of mind." He said.

"Ok." Ava said.

"Their here." Bella said. Ava turned around seeing Emmett coming in with a suit. She smiled at him and he did the same. Out of nowhere Charlie stepped over with his gun staring Emmett down coldly.

"Charlie - Dad!" Ava and Bella both exclaimed at the same time.

He still was cautious of Emmett. After what happened to Ava it would take him sometime to accept him. He really did care deeply for Ava he even cried by himself when he found out what happened she was like a daughter to him he couldn't imagine anything like that happening to Bella he'd loose his badge and go to jail proudly.

"I'm expecting you to take good care of her." Charlie said. "I might be the sheriff but I won't hesitate to pull this-"

"Dad." Bella said.

"Trust me sir I will. I promise there's nothing to worry about." Emmett said. Charlie could tell Emmett's words were genuine.

"Ok. Now that that's over more pictures." He said smiling his personality taking a full 360.

Ava smiled excitedly but Bella just groaned. Ava went to Emmett's side and he put his arm around her waist, Edward doing the same to Bella.

▪️▪️▪️

"Well you look amazing." Emmett said kissing Ava's forehead.

"And you do too." She said. They walked up to the guy taking photos and Ava wrapped her arms around Emmett's left arm smiling at the camera Emmett doing the same.

"You seem excited." Emmett said.

"I am. I love school dances." Ava said looking up at him. Ava walked into the building with Emmett behind her. Her hand was in his.

"Ava I didn't expect to see you here." Angela said coming up to her.

"Yeah I ended up coming." She said smiling at Angela. She hugged her suddenly surprising Angela. "I missed you Ang."

"I missed you too." Angela said smiling. "I heard what happened I'm sorry."

"Thanks, he was a jerk so I'm just happy it's over with. Let's hang out sometime, like we used to." Ava said and Angela nodded.

After sometime a slow song played and Emmett and Ava went outside of the building seeing there weren't many couples out.

"Sorry for dragging you here, you've probably been to millions." Ava said.

"This is my first dance in decades." Emmett said. "I've never had anyone so there was no point for me to go. It's not like I could take someone without wanting to... well you know."

"Yeah." Ava said looking up at him. "At least I'm here now."

"Yeah." He said. He pecked her on the lips and they continued to slow dance. After a moment of silence Emmett asked Ava a question. "Do you really want to be a vampire."

After a moment of silence she answered.

"In all honesty no." Ava said. "I don't want to accidently hurt anyone, and what if I can't control myself with the blood."

"I don't want you to." Emmett said. "Not because I think that'll happen, I just don't want you to be unhappy."

"I won't Emmett." Ava said.

"Don't you want a family." He said and Ava sighed nodding her head. "You love going to the beach too, you like going places with big crowds and you love food. You love food so much."

"But none of that matters." Ava said. "I just want to be with you Em."

Ava stared into Emmett's eyes and he did the same. They both leaned in sharing a very passionate kiss and then pulled back. Ava layed her head on Emmett's chest and he sighed.

"Ok." Emmett said. "If that's what you end up deciding, then I won't argue with you anymore about it. I know no matter how much I do anyways I won't win the argument."

"Good boy." She said to him. "I love you Emmett."

"I love you too Ava."

▪️▪️▪️

"But Emmett you told me to go left!" Ava shouted.

"Not your left my left." He said.

"We have the same lefts Emmett!" Ava shouted. Emmett stayed quite for a moment before chuckling.

"Sorry, I meant right." He said.

"I knew I should have just let Alice teach me to drive." Ava said.

"Aw babe come on."