Chapter 6

A month later

A month later

THE DAY BACK TO school Emmett had picked up Ava. She was still acting her usual bubbly self around him despite the inner conflict she had with herself. When Ava got inside the Jeep she instantly knew something was wrong with Emmett.

"What's wrong big boy?" She asked peering at him and he looked over towards her seeing that she looked happy. She was happy, she was happy to see him because she didn't get to not once this weekend.

"It's nothing my siblings have just been annoying me." Emmett said and Ava nodded not fully believing him.

Before Emmett could pull out the drive way Ava's father stepped out the house stopping them. He walked over to the car with a beer in his hand.

Emmett could feel his jaw clench and his hands began to tighten but he felt the warmness of someone's touch on his hand. And he looked over seeing Ava smile at him.

"It's ok." She said noticing how tense he was. Her touch and warm smile calmed him down.

"Let me speak to you for a second." Her father said.

Usually Ava would have just pulled off and dealt with the consequences later but she didn't want to cause a scene in front of Emmett.

"I'll be back." She said to Emmett.

She got out the car walking over towards the porch talking to her father.

"Who is that guy." Her father said and Ava rolled her eyes.

"A friend from school." Ava said simply.

"Your lying you don't have any friends besides those two drug heads and that damn annoying girl Bella." Her dad said.

"You don't know who I know or who my friends are, I don't know why it even matters to you anyways." Ava said angrily.

"What? Are you fucking him, two guys at the same time you damn whore." Her dad said and Ava's mouth slightly widened.

"It's not even like that." Ava said even more angry. "I wouldn't do that to him." She said referring to Emmett.

"Oh yeah you would, you'd spread your legs to anyone who'd want you. I bet you slept with every guy at your school. I can't even believe your my daughter your disgusting." He said and Ava was taken back not knowing what to say she knew nun of it was true but he made her feel so disgusted in herself.

"Are you ready to go." Ava turned around seeing Emmett but he was staring at her father with a glare on his face. It looked kind of scary because it looked like he had the intent to kill.

"I was still talking to her." Her dad said grabbing Ava's arm about to pull her inside but Emmett grabbed Ava pulling her quickly against his chest away from her father. "You damn kid."