Prologue

Ava layed back on her bed looking up at the ceiling, thinking of when everything wasn't like now

Ava layed back on her bed looking up at the ceiling, thinking of when everything wasn't like now. When her life wasn't so messed up. When life was ok, when her mom and sister were here and when her dad treated her like she was the most purest thing ever.

She was such a bubbly girl, who got along with everyone. She had many friends and was quite popular. She made sure her grades were always on top and did many after school activities wanting to make her school better. She was even student body president for the freshman back in 9th grade.

Everything went downhill the moment her sister died. She had been diagnosed with cancer for years and everything began looking good for her but she suddenly passed away in her sleep. That's when the arguments between Ava's parents started. The death had an big impact on all three of them but it seemed like no one was there to comfort Ava.

Her parents were always fighting and took their anger out on her. Her mother apologized many times, because she didn't mean any of it. She was just broken from her oldest daughter death. Her mother noticed Ava needed her to be there for her, so she decided to try and be there for her even though she was still torn. This caused her and her mom to get closer.

When things began to get better, one night on their way home from dinner her dad started an argument with her mom. He wasn't paying attention to the rode and they got into an accident. Sadly her mother passed away.

Her life was starting to heal after her sisters death, but it immediately shattered once again. Her father began to drink a lot more and became aggressive. He'd hit her out of anger and blaming what happened to her mother and sister on her. But her supposed boyfriend Milo is what really tore her apart he was worst than her dad.

He began to break her. Ava began not caring about anything and pushed everyone away. She started hanging with the wrong crowds and do things she knew she'd never do. She stop participating in all her school activities and didn't care much about her grades.

But suddenly someone came into her life, someone she wasn't ready for. He'd been watching her this whole time. Of course she didn't know.

This is the story of how Emmett Cullen saved Ava Lewis.