6: Closer

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter Characters, all rights go to the wonderful J.K. Rowling, I only own my original characters.

Chapter 6: Closer

            Clary and I walked down the stares slipping into Ginny's room unnoticed thankfully. Mrs. Weasley, Fleur and Ron were in the kitchen, so they didn't get a chance to see Clary and I covered in all different kind of paint. But that didn't stop the fact that Ginny saw us, because right when we went into her room, she was working on something on her desk as she turned and looked at us, giving us a weird look.

"What in the bloody hell happened to you two?" she asked raising her eyebrows as Clary responded for the two of us.

"We got in a paint fight with Freddie and Georgie!" she announced cheerfully. I just sighed.

"A paint fight, with Fred and George? You know that is not hard to believe considering you both are covered in paint, you better hope mum doesn't see you or else she'll have a right well fit." Ginny replied with a grin as I smiled.

"Yeah, we just escaped your brothers, and we were able to get in your room unnoticed. Is it okay if we use your shower?" I asked as she raised another eyebrow.

"Marley, you don't have to ask to use the shower. This is basically your guys' room as well. But I do want details about this paint war when you're done." She replied with a wink as I blushed. I knew she was talking about Fred; she seemed to have this crazy idea that I liked Fred. Utterly preposterous! I mean I barely knew the guy, of course I liked him as a person, but she was implying as something more! How could I like someone who I've only known for 2 days! Clary and I went into the small bathroom as I helped Clary wash out all the paint in her hair, and then took a shower myself.

After I finished washing all the paint off of me in the shower, I stepped out wrapping a towel around my body, but then I realized I had left the clothes out in the room. So I firmly wrapped the towel around me as I walked out of the bathroom. "Sorry I left my clothes in here." I said as Ginny and Clary were just on the bed playing a game.

"Oh it's fine. We're all girls here; you can just grab something in the top drawer. Mum went out today and bought you some clothes. So you wouldn't have to wear mine all the time. Because I've noticed you don't really like some of my clothes. Miss modest. Ginny said with a smirk, I just blushed.

"Well I-I just don't really feel comfortable showing so much of my skin. And you have a slimmer body than me, so some of the clothes don't actually look that great on me..." I replied as I looked in the top drawer rummaging through the clothes, Mrs. Weasley had gone out and bought for me. I would have to thank her later, especially since these clothes were more my style. I grabbed some undies, a pair of jeans and a light brown long sleeve shirt, with a not too low v-neck.

"Hey Marley can I ask you a question?" Ginny asked as I turned around and looked at her.

"Sure." I replied casually as Clary continued to draw on her paper.

"How did you get that scar on your back?" Ginny asked as my eyes widened for a brief second, so not the question I was expecting. I thought it was going to be something more along the lines of 'Do you like Fred? Why did you have a paint fight? Who is Clary's father?' "I mean I saw it a brief second when mum was cleaning you off when you first arrived, but now that I've really seen it, it looks pretty grotesque... I mean how can you get something like that?" she asked me as Clary looked up at me,  she has asked me the same question not too long ago and all I've told Clary was that mommy had gotten hurt one day when she was little. She was still young, and I wasn't about to tell her the real thing, maybe when she was older if she wanted to ask I'd tell her. I looked at them both as I sighed.