Chapter 5

Ricky's pov.
A month had passed and Si had stopped visiting. I had tried calling him but he wouldn't answer. I stayed in my room all day, not wanting to do anything else. I could sense that the nurses were worried about me, especially since I had depression when I was a kid. But it wasn't like that this time. Yes, I was depressed. But I didn't cut. It wasn't worth it anymore. I didn't help dealing with the pain on the inside. Why do you think I started doing drugs in the first place? Today was the day that I would go out of my room. I had promised. Well, I didn't knew if that was such a good idea. But I had to go. I moved my legs out of the bed and sat up. I slowly stood up and my legs were wobbly for not standing for so long. I walked a few steps and opened the door. It wasn't locked anymore because they knew I wouldn't be going anywhere. I walked to the garden and sat down on a bench. It was a dark green colour. The grass was a light green colour and for a change the sky was light blue. This is England after all, where it always rains. The garden itself was quite beautifull too. Flower beds everywhere with a tree here and there for some shadow on the hot days. I looked like a fairytale, but it wasn't of course. Life isn't a fairytale. I looked at the stone statue in the middle. It was a woman tangled in branches. I didn't knew what it meant and I actually didn't care. I was just about to stand up when I felt something over my nose and mouth and everything went black.

When I woke up again I was in a dark room, tied to a chair. I tried to move but that wasn't working. My arms and legs were tied too. As I was looking around the door opened and someone walked in. It was the guy I used to buy cocaine from. "Well, Hello Ricky." he said and I felt a shiver go down my spine. "Long time no see." he starts walking around the chair and it makes me nervous. "We still get money from you." He says and I realise that I hadn't paid everything yet. "We will make you regret that, and if you survive, you will pay us." the guy says and exits the room. It creeps me out, this whole situation. I have no idea of what is coming, and all I can think off is that no one will miss me when I'm dead. My bandmates already hate me, and they were my only friends. My family is dead and there is simply no one left. Well, maybe the fans will miss me, but I doubt it after they hear that I was doing drugs.
Tears roll over my face and I try to make no sound. They would just be pissed off by that, and I don't want to know the consequences. Or maybe I'll find out anyway, seen as the door flies open and 2 big men come in. One of them slowly walks to the chair and unties me. The ropes fall on the ground with a soft tud. The room goes silent, like it wasn't already. The footsteps of the man sound like gunshots in the open space, echooing against the walls. It seems like forever before the next little sound. But you won't like it. It's the sound of something going trough the air, landing on my jaw with a smash. My head flies sideways and with the force of the punch I fall onto the ground. It sounds like a bag landing on the ground, but then my head collides with the ground. Bang, everything is black. This is the end. I think before I completely black out.

Simon's pov.*2 weeks later*
I got a call from the rehab 2 weeks ago that Ricky had disappeard. They think that he ran off. I could agree with that, he did say he wanted to get out of there. But he had also been depressed. And that meant staying in his room all day, not wanting to eat, or do anything. I had seen him going trough that before when we were younger. It had started when we were 14. Ricky was bullied at school and it left it marks. He started cutting, and he even tried to kill himself at some point. Overdose of pills. But I saved him. The picture of him sitting against the wall, foam out of his mouth. It was awful to see, and I think I'll always remember it. But back to the point where I got the phone call. I said that I agreed with it at first, but he didn't show up here. And it would be the first place to go for him. So I got worried. What if something had happened? The thought didn't leave my mind so I called the police. They went to the rehab and did some investigation. And they discovered something shocking. Ricky had been abducted. Nobody knows who did it, and what they want of him. It had been 2 weeks now and no sign of him yet. The police was following a lead and it could be possible that they find him today or tomorrow. I really hoped so.

Ricky's pov *2 weeks before. So a day after the kidnapping*
I woke up and looked around. Everything was still the same dull grey color. I slowly move and my ribs hurt like hell. When I'm sitting up against the wall I check for other injuries. There is a cut on my leg and bruises everywhere. I hear footsteps again and a few seconds later the door flies open. The guy from yesterday comes in and puts a plate with food in front of me. I look at it, I'm not hungry. I really should eat but I'm not hungry at all, just a side effect of depression. He walks away again and leaves me to rot.
*2 weeks later*(Still Ricky's pov)
It has been 2 weeks and I feel like I'm dying. I don't have the energy to move and I don't even care anymore when they beat me up. I haven't had any food since a few days ago and It's not good. The door flies open and 2 guys come in and they drag me up. A 3rd guy comes in, and he is holding a knife. He walks closer and closer until I can almost touch him. "We heard that the police is on their way here, and now what shall we do with you?" he says right in my face. I try to get away but I'm too weak. He laughs and points the knife at my neck. This is the end. I think. The knife comes closer and closer until it is touching my neck. he is going to slice my neck. One of the guys that's holding me grabs my hair and pulls my head backwards. I can feel the knife going into my neck and I want to scream, but I can't. All I hear is some gorgling. He cut my vocal coards is the first thing that goes trough my mind. I can feel the blood going down my troath and running over my skin. The guys drag me out of the room and into the basement. The dump me and lock the door behind them. It seems like hours before I hear sound again, It's the police. I want to scream but again I can't. I hope they will look in here. I try to slam against one of the pipes in here and it makes some sound. A few seconds later and the door flies open. Some men come running in and they turn the lights on. I close my eyes because of the bright lights but open them again when I hear a familiar voice. Simon. He is sitting infront of me, tears in his eyes. "Ricky?" He asks me and I try to nod. He moves and 2 paramedics load me onto a brancard and carry me back to the ambulance. Simon follows us and I want to hold his hand, I want to feel safe. When we are in the ambulance he sits down next to me and holds my hand. I try to squeeze it but I don't have enough strenght. He looks up at me and squeezes back. So he felt it. I close my eyes but a voice interrupts me. "No Ricky, stay awake. Just a few more minutes." it says. It isn't Si, but then who is it? I close my eyes again. "Ricky, don't do that." Si this time. I try to keep my eyes open but thet get heavier every second. I try to close them again but again Si says that I have to keep them open. "Rick, please. Look at me." Si says again and I look at him. I try to speak but again I can't. He seems to notice. "Did they..." is all he says but I just nod. I knew what he was going to say. "Ooh Ricky." He says to me and I try to close my eyes again. "No no rick. Stay awake a bit longer." Si says. I focus on him and try my best to stay awake. I feel us slowing down and the siren stops. We come to a stop and a few seconds later the door flies open. I'm rolled out and soon me and Si have to part. "It's okay. You'll be alright." He says to me and I stare at him until I can't see him anymore. A cap is placed over my mouth and I get even more sleepy. I close my eyes and soon I'm off into a deep slumber.