Chapter 7

Ricky's pov.

I wake up in an almost pitch black room, the only light coming from the hallway. I look around and see Simon in the bed next to me. What happened? i ask myself. I presume that my kidney failed and that he offered to be a donor. I can never pay him back for that. Life is a way to big gift. I look at the ceiling and try to sleep again but it just isn't working. I look at Si again. He looks healthy and I'm happy about that. I just wait until the sun raises because I can't sleep anyways and Simon is waking up too. "Hi Si!" I say. "Ricky! I'm happy you're alright." he says back. I smile back at him. We both stay silent after that, enjoying the sounds outside the door. It sounds all so far away from here while it's just behind the door. The volume goes up and I open my eyes to see that a nurse is coming in. She closes the door behind her and checks some things. "How are you feeling?" She asks us. "I'm fine." Simon says. "Me too." I add. "Good. You will both have to stay a few days to check if everything is alright before you can go home. Ricky, you will have to come back for some checks the next couple of months." the nurse tells me and she goes away again. "Well. Let's just wait then, shall we?" Si says and I look at him. I can't sit still for a few days! "No worries Rick. I'm sure they will let you walk around some time." Simon says. "But I want to get up now. I don't just want to lay here. I'm so bored." I argue back. "Why don't you ask the nurse the next time she comes in?" Simon says, and he seems annoyed. "She just was here! That can take hours!" I point out and Simon sighs. "You can't even walk being weak like that. How did you want to walk around?" "I can walk! And I just want to get out of this room!" I say back and I notice that my voice is failing at some points and it hurts. "Please just stop. I'll just wait." I say softly. "Good. You shoudn't raise your voice like that. It is not working because I can't hear it anyway and you are only hurting yourself." Si says and I know that he is right but I won't admit it. Never.
~~~~|~~~~

A few days later me and Simon were allowed to go home. The past days had been so boring and the guys only were allowed to stay during visiting hours so that sucked really much. The nurses had allowed me to go out of the room sometime but I hadn't been outside yet. It would be my first time in 3 weeks. I was a bit scared somehow. What if those guys found me and killed me? You were never going to live a long and happy life. The voice in my head says. It's back! I look around for Si but don't see him. He isn't coming back. No, he is. Don't lie to yourself. Just shut up! I need my meds. Where are they? I look around but don't see them anywhere. Then I remember that Simon went to get new bottles for me because I had ran out. I really hoped that he would be back soon.
Just as I was thinking that the door opened and Si walked in with new pill bottles. "Ready to go?" He asks me and I shake my head. "What's wrong? Is it the voices?" He asks me again and I nod. He gets some pills out of one of the bottles and gives them to me. I swallow them and wait for them to work. The voice goes away and it's quiet again. "Are you ready now?" This time I nod. I really want to get out of here. The doctors wanted me to stay longer but I couldn't take it anymore so they said that I was allowed to go but had to sit in a wheelchair for a week to get some rest. Me and Si had to be back for some check ups in a week and they would then decide if I was allowed out of the wheelchair or not.
"Shall we go to yours to get some stuff and then go to my place?" Si asks me and I nod. He and his girlfriend had offered to take me in for a week so that I could fully recover. I thought it was rubbish but agreed with it anyway. Some company would be nice.
So we drove to my place to get my stuff and went to Simon's house. He lived in a lovely place. The walls were just a plain white but there was still much colour. It made me feel like I was home, while I was far from it. "Do you want something to eat Ricky?" Si asks me. "Yeah, I would love too." I say. "I'll make a sandwich. Is that alright?" "Yeah." I say back and turn the television on. It was better if I hadn't done that. The news was on and it was about me. Someone had filmed how me and Si had left the hospital earlier. "We can confirm that Ricky Wilson, singer of the Kaiser Chiefs, was admitted to the hospital for kidney failure but he seems to be doing a lot better. We hope that he has a quick recovery." the girl says and I'm relieved that they don't know the whole story. But how did they know that? Another item comes up and I hear Si walking to me. I turn around and take a sandwich from him. I start eating it but only take small bites at a time. i wasn't really used to large ammounts of food yet. The doctors said that that would take some time as I was almost starved to death. Most people wouldn't have been but because I had already been so skinny I lost much more weight and yeah. After I have finished the sandwich I feel very tired and decide to go to bed. I slowly make my way upstairs and go to the room I will be staying in. I change into other clothes and brush my teeth and everything and then lie in bed. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep.
I wake up and I'm tied to a chair. The man with the knife is standing infront of me again but he throws it aside and gets a gun. He points it at me and pulls the trigger. But I don't feel anything. I look around and see Simon on the ground in a big pool of blood and I scream.
I shoot awake. For real this time and my troath is sore because of the screaming. A light goes on in the hall and my door opens. "Are you alright?" Si asks me. "Yeah. Nightmare." I manage to say and lie back down. Si comes to me and makes sure the blanket is around me. "Sleepwell Ricky." he says and walks out again. "Sleepwell." I say back and close my eyes again. This time I have no more nightmares.