Chapter 11

Ricky's pov.
Someone is shaking me and I wake up. I open my eyes and look at the person. Oh No! It's Simon. I jump up and try to get away but he stops me. "Ricky. Come on! We were worried sick for you! You didn't come home last night and you weren't at Dan's place either." he says and I try to get my arm loose from his grip, but he holds it firmly. "Let me go!" I yell at him, totally freaking out. "No Rick. You're not going anywhere. You are coming back home with me." he says. "But I have work. Let me go!" I yell and now use my other hand to get me loose. "No Rick." Si just says and he leaves me no other options. I swing my knee up and kick him in the balls. He doubles over and lets go of my arm. I run away from him as fast as I can. I run a big part of the route to work and take the metro for the rest. I'm suprised I haven't been robbed tonight. As I walk into the building and down to the studio I walk into Dan. "Oh Ricky! You're alright!" He says and hugs me. I freeze and he lets go quickly. "Sorry." He says and I nod. "It's alright." I say and walk past him. "Ricky, you don't look and sound alright. Your voice is even worse than yesterday." Dan says and I just keep walking. I walk into the studio and see Mark and Ian sitting there. "Hi." I say and smile. "Hi Ricky." Mark and Ian say at the same time and they laugh. "Are you alright? You look like shit." Ian points out. "Yeah, I'm alright." I say and look down at my shoes. Dan walks in and looks at me. "Let's get you some fresh clothes. It's clear that you slept in those and the sleeve of your shirt is ripped." Dan says and I look at it. I now see that it is indeed ripped and the overall image of my clothes is not that good. I nod and walk out after Dan. He gives me a t-shirt and jeans and points out where the men toilets are. When I've changed into the other clothes I walk back to the studio. "Why did you want me here?" I ask Ian. "We had some emails about gigs and it's your job to make sure that everything is arranged correctly." he says and I nod. "Okay, that's alright." I say and Ian gives me a laptop.

It takes me a few hours to arrange everything and then it's done. I give the laptop back to Ian and sit on a beanbag that's laying in a corner somewhere. I get my phone out and check my social media. I should probably delete all of my accounts. It would mean even more peace as Simon or the others couldn't follow me anymore. Not that I had posted anything in the last year or so, but it would give me peace.
Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I should change my name and change my identity. No one would be able to bother me anymore except for the people that I allowed to know. This is actually a great idea, but who to trust. Maybe Dan? Yess. I would tell Dan. But in the meantime I should delete all of my accounts everywhere. When I had done that and only my bankaccount was left I decided to go and see Dan. He was in another room somewhere working on some songs. I had found out that he is in a world famous band called Bastille. I had already been sure that I knew him from somewhere but now it had been confirmed. I knock on the door of the room he is in and I hear a "Come in." I walk in and see him sitting on a beanbag against a wall, writing down sentences and words. "What's up Ricky?" He asks me as I sit next to him. "Can I trust you? Because you need to keep this a secret. Only you and some other people can know, alright?" I ask him. "Yes, of course." he says back and I take a deep breath. "I don't really know how to say this but I'm going to change my name and identity." I say and take another deep breath. "I don't want to be associated with Kaiser Chiefs anymore and as Ricky that will always haunt me." I add, hoping he will understand. "I totally understand you, and I'll be glad if I can help." Dan says and I look up at him in suprise. "Can you just not tell the others, I need to tell them myself." I say and Dan nods. "I won't tell anybody. If I have to I'll take your secret with me to the grave." Dan says and I hug him. "Thank you." I say. "You're welcome." he says back and I walk out of the room. I get my jacket from the studio and walk outside. I go to the local library and sit behind the computer. First, my house needs to be sold. When I have put it up for sale, not on the legal market of course, I go on to my next point. Finding out how to change my identity.

*a few weeks later*
Everything is arranged and I'm now Charles Daniel Jackson. I wanted to keep a bit of my real name and most people knew me as Ricky anyways so it doesn't matter. The rest of the name was decided for me. That was gonna be confusing as I was planning on just always introduce myself as Daniel. But yeah. My house had been sold and most of my stuff had been sold. It was actually a very simple trick to pull off. I just need to stay under the radar for a few months until people have forgotten that I'm dead. Yes, you heard that right. They staged my death. If I had done all of this legally it wouln't have been done so precise as it has been done now. All it took were a few hackers and people who can make false documentery.
For the next couple of months I would live at Dan's place as he was going on tour with his band. I had all the stuff I needed at Dan's place and he was packing all the things he needed for the tour. When he would be back I would move out and live in Dublin. I would stand out there because of my Leeds accent but at least there would be fewer people to recognise me.