Chapter Nine

Hey, all. I meant to upload this last Friday oops but I've been sick and basically just slept and attempted homework all weekend blah. I didn't write at all which is incredibly disappointing and not good, but yeah. Ummm hope you like this chapter, please comment and let me know what you think! I love reading you guys' thoughts.

Gracias!! <3 vb123321

Chapter Nine

As expected, most people already knew that Kasey had agreed to go out with me, and though we weren't officially a couple, it didn't stop all her giggly friends from whispering to each other whenever I walked by them in the hall. It was kind of annoying, mostly because Ray busted up laughing every time, but it was worth it.

Gone was the aloof girl from the summer, who had let me kiss her at Six Flags in June and then barely deigned to talk to me for two months. I figured she had just been teasing me because now she was completely fine with holding my hand in the hallways and texting late at night and sneaking in a kiss at her locker between classes.

I practically floated with triumph; there were plenty of other guys in the school who were jealous, regardless of their age, and I knew it. Quite a few girls seemed a little upset, too, especially those I'd previously dated in an effort to make Kasey jealous. Now that I had her by my side, they didn't matter.

Between my soccer and her volleyball, I didn't see when we were going to find time to hang out, but we saw each other enough in school, even though we only had two classes together. She and a couple of her ditzy friends joined my lunch table, which was okay with the other guys; it wasn't every day hot girls wanted to sit with us.

By some luck, she sat right next to me in the back of the classroom in literature.

"Do you like this one?" she asked for the tenth time that second week of school, holding out her phone for me to inspect another glittery pink dress. Though homecoming was still a few weeks away, it was all girls ever talked about. I knew I was supposed to ask her to go with me at some point, but first I needed Mal's help to come up with a creative idea.

"You'd look hot in it," I agreed, though in truth she could show me an empty potato sack and I'd say she would look hot in it. And she probably would, too.

Her lips pouted. "Mm, I don't know...I need something better. My mom said she'd take me shopping Saturday, though she thinks we're only going to spend, like, a hundred dollars or something. Please."

"Uh huh..."

Sometimes it was hard to concentrate on what she was saying and not on the gleam of her hair or her smooth skin or her soft pink lips.

And then Mrs. Jenkins said something like, "Danny, can you tell me who is the most famous Anglo-Saxon hero?" and I realized Kasey made it pretty hard to pay attention to the lit book open in front of me, too. When I plucked someone from a Disney movie as an answer — "Um, that king in The Sword and the Stone?" — my teacher wasn't exactly thrilled.

"You're extending into the Medieval period, Danny. Maybe you should try looking at your book for help?"