Chapter 4

Photo to the side - the ever sexy Theo James as Tony

Carter's P.O.V.

After brunch, I had Darrien escort Lea back to her room. She had been quiet during the meal and I knew it was because she was overthinking  Tara's words.

I clenched my fist as I made my way to the interrogation room. It was sound proof, allowing its occupant's screams to go unheard through the rest of the house. Chains hung from steel beams at one end of the room. Thick, wide hand and ankle cuffs were attached to the opposite wall. A steel table and two chairs sat in the center. Six spot lights were angled in various directions, allowing the interrogator to be unseen by our captives if needed.

"Leave," I growled out to Darrell as I slammed the door open.

He nodded once and left the room.

Tara sat at the steel table, her hands folded together on top of the cold metal as she watched me with an amused expression.

"Carter, Carter, Carter, " she mocked seductively as I pulled the empty seat across the concrete floor. "I would have never figured you to be the one to break your own rules."

I leaned back in the chair as I looked over Tara. She was one of three baiters that I employed. Tara knew that she was my number one; with full breasts, a flat stomach, a curvaceous backside, toned and tanned from head to toe, lush lips, hazel doe eyes with thick lashes, and long raven hair, she was sexy as hell. And she knew how to handle herself if things went south. But all that did not excuse her blatant disrespect for me, or Lea, especially in front of the rest of the members of our organization.

I didn't say a word as I sat there and watched her grow uncomfortable under my gaze.

"You can't be serious, Carter. You'll grow tired of the little bitch and then you'll come crawling back to me," Tara smirked ass she crossed her arms over her chest, " just like you always do."

I stood and circled the table. Standing behind Tara, I ran my hand across her cheek, earning a sensual sigh as I traced my fingers down to her jawline and back up before grabbing a handful of her dark hair and pushing her face into the cold steel. A surprised Oomph sounded from her as her cheek landed roughly against the table.

"Your job is to bait, not to question me or to make my guests uncomfortable." I ground out as I leaned down next to her ear. "If I know of you insulting Lea again, you will be brought back here and you will be screaming my name, not in pleasure, but begging me to spare your life. Understand?" My voice was hard and cold as I spoke, the anger and tension from the last couple of days beginning to show through.

I could feel Tara tremble under my hold and watched as she smirked. I picked her head up by her hair and slammed her face back into the table.

"Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?" I ground out as a whimper escaped Tara.

"Yes."

I let go of Tara, taking note of the light trail of blood running down her now busted lip. "Go get cleaned up. You have a job tonight." I turned and started to walk away but stopped as Tara spoke.

"You know if anyone finds out about your feelings for her, she's as good as dead."

"It's a good thing I don't feel then, isn't it?" I didn't look back as I spoke the lie with ease.

I threw the door open and walked to my office. I needed to immerse myself into the mundane paperwork that awaited me to take my mind off of the situation at hand. I pulled my chair back and reached over, unlocking the bottom drawer. I pulled out my accounting books and picked up the month's worth of receipts and deposits slips and started reconciling the three off shore accounts that I had. I didn't keep these records on the computer, nor did I make transactions online, they were all done in person for one very specific reason; other organizations had people like Tony, people that could find anything on anyone, no matter how many firewalls and pass codes protected the information.