Chapter 9- Sophie's POV

No. No. No.

This could not be happening.

She had seen Keefe just the other day. He couldn't be in trouble again.

What? Where are you? She transmitted.
R
There was a beat of silence, and no response. She had transmitted again before realizing what she had to do.

Most telepaths could only find the general location of a mind, but Sophie could pinpoint the person's location exactly. She reached her mind out as far it could go. She didn't exactly know her limits though. She couldn't feel anything, so she had to go to last resort and light leap to one of Lord Cassius' many residences, the Shores of Solace. That was he only one she knew, as she had visited Keefe there before.

"Sophie? What's wrong?" Flori asked as she walked in the room.

"It's Keefe- he's in trouble. I'm going to go try and get him. Please tell Grady and Edaline where I'm going and what for. I don't want the, to worry," she told her as she bolted out of her room. She didn't know if Havenfield's Leapmaster went to the Shores of Solace, so she was going to have to teleport.

"Miss Foster, I heard and I'm coming with you," Sandor told her. As he suddenly appeared beside her.

"Fine," she said. Sophie grabbed his arm, ran back into her room, and teleported. She had a rough landing, but that didn't matter. She opened the front door, which was thankfully unlocked and ran inside. There stood Gisela and Cassius. Lord Cassius looked beat up, and emotionally hurt, while Gisela was the opposite. She was wearing a black cloak that had the Neverseen symbol, and looked happy- but in an evil sort of way.

Gisela spotted Sophie first. "Oh hello dear! You came just in time," she said with a laugh.

"What did you do to him?" she shouted, "how could you be this evil, where is he?"

"Where my son is is none of your concern," she retorted.

Sandor was right behind her and walked up to Gisela. She seemed unafraid though, and seemingly did not care.

"Oh no. Big scary goblin, ugh I'm so scared," she mumbled. All of a sudden Sandor turned around. Sophie thought he was giving up, but then he turned right back and punched her in the face.

Gisela stumbled back a few steps. "Oh is that all you have?" she mockingly asked. Sophie could tell that it did hurt her- a lot judging by the bruise that was forming, but she also knew that Gisela was resilient, and she had no doubt that she had some protective thing on to help.

Sophie had an idea. She was going to inflict. She stepped a bit closer to Gisela. Cassius still stood grounded to his spot, and looked in shock.

Sophie thought of some memories that made her angry. When her and Dex were kidnapped. When Grady and Edaline cancelled her adoption. When Fitz nagged her about her biological mom. When Oralie had talked to her. Every little minor or major thing wrapped up into one, and then she pushed the anger away, and towards Gisela.

It seemed like she had forgotten to put up an inflicting protection, or Sophie was just to strong, because she fell to the floor. Sophie stalked over to her and stood above her.

"So I'm going to ask you again," Sophie said, "where is Keefe."

"Gethen... Ruy took him," she said. Gisela was now very weak, and in not much shape to fight back.

"To where?" Sophie asked.

"I... I'm not sure,"

Sophie sighed. This was not working. The kneeled down and pressed her fingers to Gisela's head, just to playback the memories of right before.

She could see Ruy and Gethen taking Keefe and light leaping away. But before that happened, Gisela kept mentioning his new ability. She couldn't see anything at first. Then she realized, that yes he had manifesting.

She had never seen this ability before.

He had manifested, and his ability was making illusions.