Chapter 9

Hello there beautiful and amazing people. Sorry that it took me almost a whole month to get this chapter up! I'm trying my best, I swear. Also, I don't know why but I have not been able to open any of my messages lately. Reporting the problem to wattpad right now! Anyways...Enjoy guys!

Chapter 9

Ashley took a seat on the bench and stared straight ahead of her. Her lips curved up into a smile as she watched the kids play with each other happily. Warmth flew into her heart as the kids treated each other with equal respect. 

A little girl fell down as she chased after a boy. 

Ashley stood up to go help her but stopped. 

A group of kids ran towards the little girl and began to baby her. 

The boy she was chasing ran up to her with a worried expression. He knelt down next to her and began to look for injuries. 

A small laugh escaped Ashley's lips when the small girl just pushed him away. 

Without anybody's help, the girl stood up on her own, and told them that she was fine. As to prove her point, the little girl touched the boy's shoulders and ran away, laughing as she went.

Ashley felt a presence sitting down next to her. She didn't need to turn to see who it was. She already knew. 

"Why are you here?" Her voice was monotonous while her whole body straightened up and starting to build a defense stance.

"That little girl reminds me so much of you. Always independent and standing on your own two feet." he said softly, ignoring her question. 

"I didn't agree to this meeting for small talks. I'm going to ask you again. Why are you here and what do you want?" She turned to him and glared at him. "I don't like wasting my time and that's exactly what you're doing."

"Alright. I'll tell you." he sighed and smiled softly at her. "I wanted to apologize for the way I had treated you when we were little kids. It was wrong of me to do so."

Ashley quickly turned away as he said that and returned her gaze to the group of kids. "Don't you think it's a little too late for that?"

"I need to let you know something. It's not going to be easy for you or for me but I have kept it inside of me for too long. You deserve to know the truth. If you need or even want, I can be your shoulder to cry on." he took a deep breath.

Ashley scoffed. "You're delusional to think I would lean on you." 

He sighed. 

"Just tell me what you need to and leave." she whispered. 

"It's not easy." 

Ashley knew based on his tone that whatever he had to say was unutterable. She prepared herself for the worst. Closing her eyes, she prayed that she'll still remain sane after this visit. She opened her eyes. "What is it Samuel?"

"I'm your brother. Your half-brother to be exact. I'm not just your brother through marriage but I'm also your brother through blood."

The words instantly made Ashley freeze. Her whole mind started to only focus on what he had just told her. The world was caving in on her and she fought hard to breathe. Clutching her fists around her handbag, she started to hyperventilate.

"Crap. Ashley, are you okay?" he stood in front of her and grab her shoulders with worry clear in his eyes. "Ashley! Can you hear me? Answer me please. Say something." He himself started to shake.