10. LIAR LIAR

chapter ten:
liar liar

»»»»»posie rushed her stuff into her bag, shoving her books and pencils anywhere they would fit

»»»»»
posie rushed her stuff into her bag, shoving her books and pencils anywhere they would fit. she threw her backpack over her shoulders and joined the growing crowd following the officers and riverdale's queen bee. she shoved through the people best she could, only for the blinds to be shut as soon as she reached the door.

so there she stood, confused, hurt and so curious it was killing her. why was cheryl apologizing, and more importantly, why was she being arrested?

posie felt a tap on her shoulder.

"pos, come on" it was betty. she must've shoved through the people after posie did.

betty pulled the older girl from the crowd.

"why is she in handcuffs, and she said sorry to me!" she began to panic, "you don't think she did it do you? she wouldn't would she? "she almost began to cry.

"oh posie" veronica sighed, her and betty simultaneously pulling her into a hug.

"no, cheryl is a good friend of yours, and that's her brother. you don't do that to your family" betty tried to convince her, though she wasn't so sure herself. "posie lets send you home"

»

but she didn't go home. instead she drove straight from school to the blossom's house. she sat on their front steps, just waiting for them to get home. her heart skipped a beat when their car finally pulled up.

mrs. blossoms was quick to scoff when she saw the teen sitting before their house.

"what, pray tell, are you doing here?" she dragged cheryl behind her.

mariposa stood up "i need to talk to cheryl"

"hah! be my guest" penelope responded, letting go of her daughter and stalking into her home with her husband.

posie looked at cheryl.

"when i said i was sorry, i didn't mean that because i killed him. you know i would never. but i am guilty of lying to you mariposa" cheryl explained.

"okay, then tell me, tell me what you know" posie demanded.

"about april or so, jason approached me. he said that he'd been wanting to run away for a while. that he didn't feel safe. he told me he needed my help, and of course i agreed. the plan was simple. we would row across the river, jason would be on his way. i'd tip the boat and act as if jason had drowned. they'd drag sweet water river, find no body and no leads, and they'd drop the case. but clearly someone got to him, and a body did turn up. it wasn't supposed to end up like posie. he was supposed to come back" cheryl had tears welling in her eyes.