7. VERONICA

chapter seven:
veronica

»»»»»"stay loose and limber ladies while i make a call" cheryl announced

»»»»»
"stay loose and limber ladies while i make a call" cheryl announced.

posie sighed. she was exhausted from track tryouts, and now vixen practice. all she wanted as to see little AJ's smile.

"how were tryouts posie?" betty asked, as they stretched with veronica.

"good, coach thinks i'll get first in the state again" she told the young blonde.

"first in the state for what?" veronica asked the two girls.

"i run track, and last year i came first at the state meet" posie explained.

"wow that's incredible!" the raven haired girl exclaimed. "anyway, after this practice i'll totally need a pedicure, you?" she turned to betty.

"i'll have homework" betty responded.

posie looked at her funny. she thought that betty forgave her. why was she all of a sudden giving veronica the cold shoulder?

veronica shared the same look as mariposa before trying to make conversation again, "i know everyone grieves differently, but cheryl is hosting a pep rally to cope with her loss. that's either brilliant, or psychotic, or both"

posie nodded her head. though she agreed with veronica, she also knew how much cheryl loved her brother, "that's just cheryl for you"

"yeah well at least cheryl's not putting on an act, pretending to be a butterfly when she's really a wasp" betty stayed before giving the side eye to veronica.

both girls the blonde was sitting with were taken aback by this.

"betty what's going on here?" posie asked at the same time veronica said, "for the record the only reason i went into that closet with archie was so that cheryl wouldn't!"

betty focused only on veronica. "oh so you did it to protect me?"

"damn straight" veronica responded.

"okay so nothing happened between you and archie in the closet then" betty asked. the three girls sat in silence for a moment. "yeah that's what i thought! you know archie and i were fine before you got here!"

"if by fine you mean he was oblivious and you were pining after him in quiet desperation"

"we were friends at least-"

"you were walking on emotional eggshells around him."

by now both veronica and betty were standing up. mariposa sat in shock, still trying to take it all in. it had been like five seconds since veronica got here, and somehow betty already didn't like her. that wasn't very typical for her.