angst for those who like it ;^:

A/n: I made the mistake of reading angst this morning about Benny weir and Ethan Morgan's (my babysitter's a vampire; great show byw) friendship... and then I went to think about my own friendship and then thus... this idea was born. ... i apologize in advance.

ALSO. THIS IS AN AU. KINDA. THIS PROBABLY WON'T EVER HAPPEN IN THE ACTUAL STORY DON'T WORRY. Also everyone is probably WAY ooc oopsies

In Y/n's POV

For about the past month or so, Shou and Emi, otherwise known as the Smile Hero: Ms. Joke, have begun to date... Whoopee... I knew I should've confessed to Shou on that last day during our 3rd year...

~

About 13 years ago...

'Okay, (Y/n). You can do this. You can totally tell Shou about how you feel about him.' I thought to myself, closing my locker door as I changed out of my hero costume. Leaving the locker room, I walk towards my shoe locker and slipped on my normal tennis shoes. When I turned to the front doors, I saw a tired-looking Shou waiting for me.

"Hey, Shou... Thanks for waiting for me..." I said as I jogged up to the slightly taller boy.

"I wait for you here everyday... I don't know why I wouldn't do it today...?" replied Shou, regaining his stance as he took his weight off of the door.

"Fair enough... I can't believe we're done with high school...!"

"Not yet entirely... We still need to get our diplomas later..." sighed Shou, his hands still in his pockets as usual.

"I mean, yeah... But, we're technically done with the actual learning stuff..." I chuckled, looking up above us to see cherry blossoms floating everywhere.

"I guess..." mumbled Shou.

'C'mon (Y/n)... Just tell him...'

"Hey Shou-"

"The cherry blossoms look really pretty when the sun's going down, don't you think, (Y/n)?" he asked me, cutting me off.

"Huh?" I looked up from the ground and saw the swirling cherry blossom petals all around us. "Uh, yeah... But, there's something I wanna tell you..."

I stopped walking and as soon Shou heard no more footsteps, he stopped as well. There was probably a good four or five inches of space between us.

"What is it, (Y/n)? Did you leave your notebook or something back in the classroom?" asked Shou, looking at my anxious figure.