Chapter 20

"You little munchkins, both of you are going to get it!" The twins squealed with delighy and started to run away from their mother,who is chasing them, while giggling.

Evren watch her siblings and mother chase around the field near their home under a tree, leaning against her father who is also watching them.

Suddenly the twins split up making their mother pause and decide who to go for before finally choosing the youngest troublemaker. The said youngest laughed loudly after being caught by his mother and was smothered with kisses. Jiro jumped onto his mothers back bringing all of them down but were still laughing.

Hearing her father chuckle, Evren looked up to him and saw that he was also looking at her but she can she in his eyes that he was content and happy with his family which made her smile. Her father kissed her forehead and ushered her to stand with him and walked towards the rest of their family.

Sensing someone approaching, their heads turn towards them which made all of their smiles widened.

"Papa!"

The twins let go of their mother deciding that they were going to tackle their father next. Their father let out a laugh, allowing his children to tackle him thus started a playful wrestle.

Evren walked up to her mother who beckoned her to sit with her. Evren leaned against her mother like how she did with her father and watch the boys in her family play fight. 

"My lovely Angel"

Hearing her nickname leave the mouth of her morher, she looked at her giving her one of smiles that is only reserve for her family.

"I love you so much"

Her smile widened at those words and made her hug her mother tightly and give a kiss on her cheek.

"Love you too, mama"

Their exchange of words were heard by the boys and they also started to proclaim their love.

"We love you,mama! We love you too papa!"

At the mere age of nine, Evren knew that she would to anything to protect her little family.

...but it seems she was just not strong enough that time.

Her father suddenly shot up, his eyes widened for a milisecond then was narrowed, guarded.

"Teresa."

Just from calling her name. Their mother gathered up the twins in her arms and motioned for her daughter to follow. Confused and anxious, Evren hesitated, glancing at her father before following after her fathet gave her a look of reassurance.

They entered their home and went straight towards their bunker. Evren felt a shiver go up her spine. Their bunker was only use for emergencies... where is her father?

Then their father suddenly materialised beside her mother and ushered her and her siblings inside. Once inside, Evren noticed her parents where not following them and immediately turned towards them.

She saw her parents look at them with sadness, grief but there was also pride and determination. Those looks from her parents made her heart beat rapidly and tightened her hold on her siblings.

Jiro and jake were hugged by their parents, whispering how much they love us and to be always strong for each other. When it was my turn to be hugged, I grip my father's shirt tight. Sensing my distress my father kissed my forehead and mother repeated his actions.  I held back my tears once I finally saw their faces but managed to choke out.