one shot results

THE ONE SHOT WINNERS

In third place is @megan_thefangirl's one shot!! Congrats, hun!

In second is Dark Alleys by @kayellq!! You're an awesome author!

And..........Drumroll please......

Here is the first place one shot, The Couple We Ship, by @callthecops. Awesome one shot, by the way!

♡❤♡

The Couple We Ship

#thecoupleweship

That was what that was trending on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, the whole damn world. Ever since the release of The Girl Who Read [And The Boy Who Kissed Her], a New York Bestseller, the number of books sold hit the roof and the author became an instant celebrity. As soon as the world was introduced to the love life of fictional characters, Sammie and Sebastian, inspiration flew about.

Inspiration to young couples, old couples, new couples, love, basically.

Especially to avid fangirl, Hilary Day.

To describe her, most people who knew her would call her a major bookworm. Maybe it was because she had a book in her face all the time. She could sit by the windowsill in her bedroom and read on for days and night. She had even pulled several all-nighters just so that she could finish the Hunger Games series before the movie was released.

She might've not been the most outspoken, sociable girl out there but her love for books surely caught the attention of a few of her classmates. But after all, it wasn't hard to miss the girl with bright red hair, walking while her vibrant green eyes scanned pages and pages of words, while she subconsciously push her black-rimmed glasses back up to the bridge of her nose.

Hilary checked her phone again.
11:53 A.M. flashed across her phone's screen. Seven more minutes, she told herself. She had begged her mother to let her come to Barnes & Noble to see her current addiction's author.

She hugged an original copy of The Girl Who Read [And The Boy Who Kissed Her] to her chest. She sighed as she saw the number of girls lining up in front of her. The line was still growing and was filled with people of all ages and gender, waiting (rather) impatiently for the clock to hit twelve.

Hilary looked back at her book. She flipped it open, starting on the first page. While waiting for the celebrity, why not read her masterpiece?

'Sammie sat at the corner of her parent's little bookshop. She had always loved spending and unfortunate amount of time reading. Books ranging from dragons to princess to space aliens. And everyday, as she sat at the counter, a boy named Sebastian-'

She sighed dreamily. Sebastian was the perfect kinda guy. She longed to have a boyfriend like Sebastian.

"Oh my gosh, I'm hyperventilating! Ah, she's here!"

At a rapid speed, Hilary snapped her head up, her curls flipping about in the process. She gasped and smiled brightly at the sight of a familiar spot of blonde. She squealed, jumping up and about, her patience wearing thinner by the second. She waited awfully long for this day and now that it was finally here, she threw her patience out the window. She kept on trying to look past the people in front of her.

But due to her height, it was rather a struggle, though that was at the least of her worries. The author was only due her for two hours, and she was more than half way.
She wanted to meet her inspiration. She had too.

♡❤♡

"Thank the Lord, Hallelujah. Amen!" she chanted, as it was finally her turn. She shrieked in glee when she was at face to face with the author of The Girl Who Read [And The Boy Who Kissed Her]. To her, she was a genius.

Who?

"Hi, honey. I'm Skylar-"

"Oh my gosh! SKYLAR JACKSON! I-"

"Lawrence, actually," Skylar stated proudly, showing her ring finger to Hilary, who gazed, awestruck, at the beautiful ring that was encrusted with diamonds all around the silver band.

Hilary looked at Skylar's ring, to the man standing behind her, giving her a loving gaze, back to Skylar.

"Oh my gosh. Congratulations!"

"Yeah, we've been married for a few months now." Skylar told her with a wide smile on her face.
Hilary smiled even wider. It was nice to know that her favorite author has true love in her life and that her book wasn't those kinds that were full of poop.

"I-I just have to say that I love your book. It's amazing and wonderful and perfect. I love Sammie and Sebastian and I don't know if you know but everyone ships them so much. And #thecoupleweship is, like, trending all over the world. Everyone loves Sammie and Sebastian's story. It's adorable."

During her rant, Skylar was smiling with love as she looked up at Spencer who returned her loving gaze. "Yeah? Thank you, honey. I'm sure love like Sam's and Sebastian's out there somewhere."

There was a knowing tone in her voice which Hilary was just to excited to care about.

"Could you sign my book, please?" Hilary asked, handing her copy of The Girl Who Read [And The Boy Who Kissed Her] to Skylar who already had a pen out.

"Of course, honey."

Hilary's eyes glistened with happiness as she read the little note written by Skylar.

'True love comes in the most unexpected ways.'

"What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Hilary."

Skylar signed with a heart next to her signature. She passed the book back to Hilary who held it as if it was an Olympian gold medal.

"Well, Hilary," Skylar began, shifting her blue eyes from Hilary to something behind her, "I think you might have a not-so-secret admirer."

Hilary, with the book hugged to her chest, turned her head and sure enough, she caught a glimpse of a boy who was staring at her with a 'Women's Weekly' magazine in his hand. Upside down.

"Oh, Cameron? He doesn't like me."

"Oh, so you know him?"

"Yeah, we have chemistry together."

The man, formerly introduced as Spencer, stifled his laughter at the pun.

"No-no. I meant we have the class together. In school. We-we go to the same school."

Skylar gave one last wink to Hilary, as she stood up for a hug and she whispered in her ear.

"He's been here since I came, and I don't think he's one for romance books."

Hilary giggled. "Yeah, he isn't."

"And if he's willing to wait for an hour here just to be able to stalk you behind a Women's Weekly magazine, then he's definitely worth some of your time."

Hilary broke away from the hug, giving Skylar a smile before she turned slightly to look at Cameron who was still wrongly holding the magazine, with his floppy brown hair still visible as he attempted to cover his face with the magazine.

"Plus, he's cute."

Yeah, he really is.