c h a p t e r 4 ; philosophical questions

CHAPTER FOUR, The Girl Who Read [And The Boy Who Kissed Her]: philosophical questions

        ❝Love travels through the heart like a maze... Sometimes it's still in there, just lost or confused, and sometimes it finds its way out.

                        ― very possibly the author of this book when you caught her at a [very] cheesy time

[ s o m e   s w e a r i n g

  i n   t h i s   c h a p t e r ]

                                           |  recap of last chapter |

        The recognition also dawned on him that these were things that made him love her even more. The little nooks and crannies that made her her.

He didn't know that was possible.

        To love her even more.

        ♡❤♡

        "What about... Your favorite food?"

        These boring, yawn-worthy questions had gone on for a while now. Spencer couldn't help but insult her skills at twenty one questions.

        He finally let out an exasperated sigh. "You're one of those people."

        She frowned. "Umm... Excuse me?"

        "Yeah," He replied. "You need to dive deep in this game. The philosophical, emotional stuff. At the end of the game, you should know the other person inside-out."

        "Uh, I thought this game was, like, a 'bored at school' game you played as the teacher droned on?"

        "It is," He answered. "But not today, however. And fried dough. Okay, next question-"

        "Can I ask a different question, then?"

        "Hm, let me think- no," He smirked, until she elbowed him in the side.

        As he recovered from the blow his very abusive girlfrie- friend, he blurted out, "Do you have any tattoos?"

        No, this was not a random question. He had asked her this because one day, while he spied and hid in the bookstore, she walked nearly right in front of him (he was sitting at the table with the small, colorful kiddie chairs, a giant book, might have been and Encyclopedia or something, covering his face). Beautiful as ever.

        She reached for a book on the top shelf, and his eyes trailed down, noticing a bit of her shirt had ridden up. He could have sworn he saw an inked in design.

        Chuckling nervously, she trapped her bottom lip between her teeth. "Noooo... I most definitely do not have a... Okay, how do you know."

        "Saw it once." When I was maybe sort of stalking you from behind an Encyclopedia, he 'forgot' to add.

        "Don't say anything to Daddy, he'd gut me in my sleep," She begged. She didn't need to tell him twice. He wasn't going to visit the Shotgun Man any time soon.