51. Soulmates

Jiah was planning to head home that afternoon to spend the evening with her brother

Jiah was planning to head home that afternoon to spend the evening with her brother. Saturday's were meant for basketball; however, Taehyung had a business call he had to tend to, so it was just going to be her and Ji Young.

A small kiss on the lips and a whisper of 'Goodbye' later, she was heading to the door.

She couldn't help but smile to herself. This all felt so... domestic.

Jiah was never one for planning a future; she was never one who dreamed of a wedding.

But in that moment, she realised she wanted nothing more.

Clicking the door opened, she took a step forward - only to bump into someone on the other side.

Looking up, she caught Jimin's eyes just before he looked over her shoulder into Taehyung's apartment. And then back to her.

"Hey!" she tried to send him a smile but dropped it when she realised he didn't reciprocate.

"Is Taehyung inside?" he asked.

She could recognise his manner straight away; he was trying to be as polite and kind as possible, but it was different to how he'd treat her before.

They'd taken a step back in their relationship, and she realised the last time they'd spoken one-on-one was at the hospital - back when she had tried to apologise to him, and he hadn't really taken that well. She felt she was walking on eggshells around him the past few days, and she hated the tension.

"He is," she kept forcing her smile, "Do you want to go out and get some coffee? I've been meaning to go to the new cafe near the company but haven't had much time to."

Jimin raised an eyebrow, eyes scanning her face as he tried to read her. Flakes of gold, yellow, orange which used to dance in his eyes hardened, seeming to come to a standstill.

Fingers flinching, she sucked in a breath as she waited for him to say no.

He'd been avoiding her all this time for a reason, right?

But, he didn't.

"Sure, let me get my keys," his tone wasn't too enthusiastic, but she could see that he wanted to try.

So she nodded, "Alright, I'll wait here."

It didn't take him too long, and he was joining Jiah in the hallway in no time, throwing on a long coat.

The silence in the air was thumping in her head, and she wondered if it affected him as it did her. She didn't have to wonder long, however.

"Isn't it basketball day today?" he asked as they entered the elevator and she tilted her head at him.

"Yeah," her tone was more questioning, "It is."

He sent her a sideways glance, a forced smile to couple it, "Taehyung absolutely adores your brother, you know, he tells me about it every week."