Resurrected

It happened a long time ago. My friend's sister died a horrible death. It hit him very hard, even cried at night huddled in a corner. I felt very sorry for him, so I decided to move the casket with his sister's body to my place.

Let it stay here until the funeral. I also told him that I would help with organizing the funeral and other daily chores. He agreed.

Day one. I got up to go to work. Put the kettle on, did some exercise and styled my hair. The weather was clear, sunny and beautiful. I went outside, looked around and took a long breath to take in this wonderful air. I even did not want to go work. I wanted to fully enjoy such a beautiful fall day, but I still went to work. Golden and red leaves were falling on my hat decorated with a rose. I finally reached my office. Then I reluctantly walked into the building, in which I'll have to stay until 6 pm.

Evening. Moonlight is falling on the streets. Silhouettes of trees look like giants. Somewhere in the grass a cricket is chirping. I am walking looking around a night city. There, I can already see my apartment building built in Khrushchev era. I take the stairs to go to the 2nd floor.

I slightly opened the door and entered my apartment. I was accompanied by the creaking of an old wooden floor. My dog jumped on my lap hoping that I brought her something yummy. But I did not meet her expectations, because I didn't go to the store today. I was very tired and so having quickly taken off my shoes I went into the room, where the coffin with the body was. I felt a very unpleasant smell. Then I threw up. I could not believe that I would have to live like this for 2 more days. Then I undressed, took a cold shower and went to bed.

I heard heavy wheezing and groaning. I opened my eyes and looked up. Then I saw that the coffin was slowly opening. Some horrible black stuff started pouring out of it. Then the coffin lid came off towards me. And out of the coffin, swaying, came out the deceased girl and walked towards me.

- No! - I yelled, and threw a boot at her. She started wheezing and taking the shoe out of her eyes, threw it at me. I ran out of her way. I was sweating in horror so badly that the sweat was dripping of my body. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door. No, she knocked the door out. I could hear the crackle of breaking wood. Then I knocked the old glass with my foot. Glass chips fall down with a plunk. I sit down on the window sill and try to figure out where to jump. She already broke in and the door fell to the floor. I can see that with my side vision. Then I jump out of the window.

I fell on wet grass.

"Ouch, that hurts a lot!" - I thought to myself.

Then I heard the wheezing behind me. I realized that she just will not go away that easily. I ran. I ran as fast as I could not notice anything around me. Darkness... Complete darkness...

- Help meeee!!! - I shouted desperately.

The deceased was running after me. She was laughing with a sinister laugh. On the way I saw a man, he was around 25 years old. He looked at me and pointed his finger at his temple, as if telling me that I am an idiot. But then ... His eyes abruptly moved to the corner of the building. He made a sign of the cross and plunged into a thicket of thorny wild roses.

- Bang! - I smacked on the wall.

Oh, no, I was at a dead-end and hit my head very hard. She was not far behind me, and her icy palm landed on my neck. She began strangling me. She was choking me and laughing. I started praying out loud. Then she let go of my neck, moved back to the thicket of wild roses and disappeared. Next thing I remember was a sharp pain in my right abdomen and I lost consciousness ...

In the morning I woke up and reluctantly went home. When I came in, the floor creaked, and I was shocked: the chairs were overturned, the plates were broken, the coffin lid lay on my bed, and the dead girl was lying in a coffin. My dog was huddled under the bath tub and whining piteously. Then I tied the hands and feet of the deceased, closed the coffin and left with my dog for my country house.

The funeral went smoothly. The only thing I noticed is that when they were carrying the coffin with the deceased, she stuck her hand out of the coffin and showed me the "F" sign. Also I noticed on her photo some white spots.

A year later an unpleasant incident happened at the cemetery. The grave of the deceased was half dug up, and my friend was found dead in his apartment. On his face there was an expression of animal horror. Since then I believe in mysticism and I fear that soon my turn will come.