I'm A Doll

I’m a doll. I have been standing in the shop for many years. Someone put me on the highest shelf, to the far corner. And that Barbie is standing foremost, I wish I could tear her golden hair out! Except for the place, I would be bought right now.

Well, judge for yourselves, who doesn’t like a lovely dolly with silver-white hair and skyblue eyes? I have an articulated body, which bends in several spots simultaneously. Moreover, creators gave me a glamourous red frock with gold and black ribbons. By the way, I’m unique one – there had been no such dolls after me by some reason.  

But one fine day my dreams came true – a little girl with her mom entered the shop. When she saw Barbie, she gave a loud cry: “I want her!”. When her mom was reaching for that Barbie, she saw me. She took me from shelf and showed to her daughter. Then she asked her: 

“Maybe, this one?” 

“But, mom, I want Barbie!” the girl frowned and stamped her foot.” 

“But look at her, this doll is beautiful. Besides, it’s not so expensive as Barbie!” her mother said strictly. After much persuasion the girl agreed to take me. I have never been so happy in my doll life! And then they carried me home… 

I thought when we would come, the girl would play with me, but instead she pulled me out of the box, picked at and threw into the corner. “Why she did it? She doesn’t need me? Could it be true? It’s such a shame.” 

In several minutes she came back to me with another doll in her hands. She got off my splendid dress and my cute slippers and put them on another doll. Then she brought old, dirty and ragged doll frock and put it on me. I had been lying still on the floor till the evening. In the evening the girl returned again. She took me in her arms, darted an angry look at me and said: “A foolish doll! I wish mom had bought Barbie, not you! All friends of mine have Barbies, but I have other dolls!”. Having said it, she hit me against the corner of the bed. I was hurt so badly! If I were a human, I would start crying - not so much because of pain as of offence. She hit me this way several times. Then she flung me on the floor and went away.  

Night came. I was sitting on the floor in the girl’s room. My feelings had never been hurt so badly ever before! The girl put me in a real temper! 

Why everyone should be under fashion girdle and buy what every girl has? I couldn’t curb my grievance and spite anymore, so I rose and went into the kitchen. Using curtains I climbed on the kitchen table. There I saw a big (for me) kitchen knife – probably, the girl’s mom had forgotten to take it away. I took the knife and jumped onto the floor. Then I went to the girls’ room.  

The girl was lying in the bed covered with a blanket. I felt sorry for her, she was like a sleeping angel. But then I remembered what she had done to me. I came closer holding the knife with both hands… 

About eight minutes ago I came over the bed to window sill. My dress was soaked with blood I had shed. I looked back. The girl was lying in the bed, awful wound dissected her neck from which blood was oozing. “Farewell, my mistress!” I thought, jumping onto the street through a small window.