ch.8

Lana and Tyler along with their stylists and trainers sat in the living room, waiting for the score results. Everyone was anxious and couldn't wait to see what the Gamemaker's thought of Lana and Tyler. Everyone was pretty confident that Tyler was going to score great but with Lana not so much. Not only because of how small she is and how she's less driven to kill but also because of what happened in the game room. The fact that the machine malfunction and threw Lana way off is nerve wracking. She just hopes the way she dealt with the situation was enough for the Gamemaker's to be at least semi-satisfied with her. Finnick took his seat right beside Lana, noticing how much more anxious she was from everyone else. "Careful before you bite your entire nail off."

Lana took her finger away from her mouth and sighed. "I'm scared. My session with the Gamemaker's went so bad so fast. What if they give me less than a 7? My luck off getting a sponsors drop and my value to the career pack shortens which gets them more inclined to kill me first once- "As the young girl rambled Finnick caught just how badly she was quivering. He placed a hand on one of her shoulders, calming her down. "Hey its going to be fine, from what you described earlier it sounds like you made the best out of a situation gone horribly wrong. What that tells me is that you're quick on your feet and resilient. I'm sure the Gamemaker's saw that too."

Lana believed he could be right. And even if he wasn't it doesn't matter. All that matters is that she's still alive and when push comes to shove shell figure out a way to keep it that way. Soon Caesars segment began. He gave his small intro and synopsis before naming the tributes, their district and score. District 1 was first. Peter scored a 9 while Iris scored a 10. Next was 2, Darian got a 9 and so did Penelope. Next were the siblings from 3. Lana was especially nervous for the pair. They deserved scores that would help them in the arena. Declan scored a 6 while Emery scored a 7. "I was expecting less." Pixie said as she swirled her drink.

Next it was district 4. "Tyler Loran with the score of... 9." Everyone in the room clapped or cheered for him. A satisfied smirk sat on his lips and refused to leave the rest of the evening. "Next is the female tribute from District 4... Lana Francis, with the score of 10."

"What?" Lana almost screamed as she fell into Finnick's hug. "A 10?" Everyone besides Tyler cheered for her.

"I thought I sucked." Lana held onto Finnick's arm.

"Well clearly someone's in amazing trainer!" Kandi referred to Finnick.

"I can't take all the credit. Lana was already skilled when she came to me, all I did was sharpen her edges." Finnick admitted which made Lana blush.

As the group celebrated and chatted about the surprising turn of events Tyler slipped his way out of the room and stayed in his in his bedroom for the rest of the evening, skipping the celebration at the dinner table. 'To Lana and Tyler our warriors!' Mags signed and attempted to say. Everyone applauded after.

After everyone was done eating, it was time for bed. Once Lana was done showering, brushing her teeth and putting on her nightwear she tried going to sleep but after a few failed attempts she decided to take a walk around her floor.

As she made her way inside the living room a hand reaching for her shoulder made her jump. "Calm down, it's me." Tyler quietly-yelled.

"What're you doing?" Lana asked.

"I thought it'd be funny to scare you." Tyler said. "Which it was."

"Jerk." Lana muttered.

"In all seriousness I followed you in here because I wanted to talk to you privately." Tyler said. "I know I've doubted you a lot and have teased you over things that you can't control and because of who you are and where you come from which I am sorry about and regret."