VI

"Izzy, where are we exactly?" Alec asked as he and Charlie walked upstairs in a building  Izzy texted them to met her at, her bright red dress made her stand out

"Izzy, where are we exactly?" Alec asked as he and Charlie walked upstairs in a building Izzy texted them to met her at, her bright red dress made her stand out.

"It's an old meatpackers service entrance." She smirked as she pointed towards an area. "And back there takes us to the basement of the Hotel Du Mort."

Alec surveyed the area, making sure there were no enemies, ignoring Izzy. His eyes quickly darted around the room as Charlie walked beside Izzy.

"It's great, right? We distract the vamps, and Jace and Clary get Simon."

The group ventured towards the area towards the basement as Alec stood close to Charlie, showing his protectiveness, which made Izzy smirk at him.

"I hate being a distraction." He muttered under before ducking and entering the dark, and factory-like hallway that led to a ladder at the end of it.

Charlie took out her stele before Alec walked any further, as she wanted as much strength and power she could get. She started drawing the strength rune on her arm, the light of the stele made Alec's quick reflexes look towards her. She winced at the pain of the burning as Alec made his back towards her.

"You need the blocking and speed rune, too." He told her commandingly, the glint of care towards the girl in his eye as he took the stele of her, making her eyes dart to his. The room grew silent as their eyes paused onto one another's before Izzy interrupted.

"Come on, stop flirting, we have vamps to kill." She said to the couple, making their eye contact break, and both of their cheeks to heat. Alec quickly took her arm in his hand, holding it in place, before drawing a rune on her arm. The touch gave Charlie goose ups as she looked away from him, not wanting him to notice how his touch bothered her. He then looked for a bit of skin that was clear from ink and decided on her neck, like where his rune was placed. His hand snaked its way around her neck holding it in place and moving the hair out of the road to give him space. Charlie's body froze, his touch killing her, and if Izzy wasn't in the room she didn't know what she would do to him.

As he finished he reluctantly handed her back the stele, not looking her in the eye, and turned around towards the door again. Charlie missed his touch, as she gently brushed her fingers against the rune, and fixed her hair over her shoulders.

They continued walking as Izzy and Charlie talked about training, and Idris, and how Izzy was obsessed with the Iron sisters.

"They're just so amazing, I always wanted to be one when I grew up !" She announced, her voice echoing in the dark, empty hallway as they finally reached the ladder, Alec rolling his eyes due to Izzy's remark.

"This is not the time or place, Izzy." He told her as he gestured to the position they were in before he put his hand on the ladder to start climbing. "Charlie, you go after me and Izzy, behind Charlie."