I

"That was brilliant guys!" Clary exclaimed Simon and Charlie as they both loaded their band equipment into the back of Simon's van

"Thanks, Fray," Simon replied with an enormous smile. Yes, he was definitely in the friend zone.

"So about this band name I thi-" Charlie attempted to say, before getting cut off by Simon.

"I think the name is brilliant, right Fray?"

Clary didn't like picking sides, but if she didn't pick Simon she knew he would be devastated, and she knew that Charlie wouldn't sulk as much as him."Umm.. well I-I think it has a unique ring to it."

"She I told you Charlotte! It is a good name." Simon replied chuffed, earning an eye roll from the girl.

"So Clary, did you bring the paints?" Simon asked as Charlie closed the back of the van.

"When do I ever let you down, Lewis?" She smiled at him as she held up the spray cans receiving a large sigh from Charlie.

"Do you ever stop flirting? I swear!" She joked, which made the atmosphere awkward.

"Uh.. well I better start," Clary interrupted the awkward science as she started spray painting on the side of the van.

Charlie went back into the coffee shop they were playing in to make sure they had all their equipment, but she also had filled her dying need for caffeine. When she came out, she sipped her coffee as the stream created a cloud of smoke in the cold night. She made her way over towards the two love birds who were admiring the side of the van. As she looked at the design shock came over her face as the dropped the coffee, the backsplash from the drop burning her bare legs.

"Jesus Charlie, are you ok?" Simon asked worried noticing the girls shocked expression. She quickly took another glance at the design, the angelic rune. She swiftly shook away the shock before returning to reality.

"Uh.. no, just a bit dizzy that's all, I'm fine." She told them as she looked away from the van and to Simon and Clary. The two of them looked at her concerned before she replied with a confirming smile.

"Are you sure? Should I ring your dad-?"

"No, I'm fine. Anyway, let's get going! your only 18 once!" She told them as she took them into a sort of hug, pulling them towards the van, and getting in, but not before taking a last look at the rune Clary had drawn.

Charlie was quiet the whole trip to the club, which wasn't in her nature. She wasn't her loud, sarcastic self. She was thinking about the rune, how Clary would soon find out about her kind, her blood. What would she think about her? Would she hate her for keeping the secret?"

"Charlie? Charlotte Rose?" Simon said trying to get her attention and failing miserably. "Charlotte Rose Garroway!"

The seriousness of his voice captured her concentration as she quickly looked towards his and Clary's pressing expressions.