Chapter 21

Dedicated to MySilentVoice for suggesting a few titles and giving me ideas about my own. Thanks  for taking time out of your day for this book! Sorry the upload took longer than expected. I had a sort of writer’s block last week.

A few announcements I think is essential for you guys to know before you begin reading the chapter (I’ll try to make it as quick as possible,):

Second, all I’m going to say is F E E D B A C K! Where is it? Nobody’s commenting anymore! Pretty please leave comments!

And enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 21-

              School was tough. With no Rose and everybody staring at me, I really didn’t want to befriend anyone except the usual friends I’d go to the library with. But I even stopped talking to them and kept to myself. I walked down the hallway, all of my books and binders full in my arms. My biology class was moved to another level so I was running around the building for five minutes, trying to figure out where it was.

As I took a turn down an empty hall, I went into a classroom with all the freshmen in it.

“Excuse me, do you know where room 832 is?” I asked a teacher.

“It should be downstairs and to your right.”

I thanked him and walked down the long flight of stairs. The whole hallway was dark and deep laughter sounded from one of the rooms. I slowly crept down the hallway to find three guys, about the ages of 20, laughing. Their faces were red and when they looked at me they laughed more.

“Um, do you guys know where room 832 is?” I asked.

“We don’t know, go to the guidance,” one of the guys suggested, and they all started laughing more.

I was utterly confused. I slowly walked out of the classroom and looked down the hallway helplessly.

A few seconds later, the guy’s friend came out and said, “Just walk all the way down the hallway and take a turn to your right.”

“Thanks.” I muttered before walking quickly down the hallway. The lights started dimming the more I walked down the hallway, and soon I bumped into a hard and chiseled chest.

Looking up to instantly apologize, my eyes met Holden’s. “Hey.”

“Hi.” I said, lost in his eyes. I always ended up choking up in front of Holden, his beauty absolutely enchanting.

He dipped his head and planted a kiss on my cheek before taking the textbooks out of my hand, and slipping another hand into mine. “You going to biology?” he asked me as we climbed the stairs.

“Yeah. I’ve been wandering around the building for ten minutes looking for it,”

“Then we can wander together.” He said, smiling. My gaze fell over his face. The tousle of bronze hair falling over his forehead, his full lips, his muscular square of a jaw, the high cheekbones, his green-blue eyes framed by his dark eyelashes.

We were planning to look for class, but so much time had passed that Holden and I decided we’d skip and leave early. We were sitting at a diner, in a far corner by the windows.  It was Holden’s second time ordering a cup of coffee. I hadn’t even finished my first cup.

Holden ran a hand through his hair and over his face. It was then that I noticed not only did his eyes look tired, but his body itself looked limp and thirsty for sleep. Before I could stop myself, I reached over and gently brushed Holden’s hair away from his eyes.