Chapter 26

Experienced an INSANE writer's block, but I am back, happily. Hope you enjoy this long chapter and I realized there will be a few more chapters for the book.

I rewrote this particular chapter literally six times to get it exactly how I wanted it, fulfilling all of your needs including mine

COMMENT OR I WON'T UPLOAD. -_-

ANYWAY. Enjoy ;))))

Chapter 26

“Group 1 of the army?”

“Check.”

“Group 2?”

“Um… Check. Were just missing…. Nope, never mind. Everyone’s here.” I said.

“Okay. Do you have the… uhm-“ Holden lowered his voice so nobody could hear us, and we walked past the lined up soldiers and into the small cottage. “Do you have the Elixir?”

“It’s in my pocket, safe and sound.” I said, patting my vest. “But I honestly don’t think it’ll be necessary to use it.”

“You never know…” Holden said, bringing up another wave of fear that I was trying so hard to resist. I was going into a battle and didn’t get trained for a good amount of time, I was going to kill people and people were going to kill me- and then Holden thought either him or I would die.

"Holden..." I whispered, slipping my hand into his and giving a reassuring squeeze. "What is it? You can tell me,"

He exhaled loudly. "No, no. Don't worry. Look, we should get started and go over the plan once more with everytone. It's just a few hours till we depart."

He turned to leave, but I didn't let go of his hand. He looked at me with tired eyes and I walked towards him, pressing my lips against his cheek, then my lips against him.

"We'll be okay," I whispered, looking into his eyes.

Holden kissed me back, smiled, and shook his head.

                My heart was pounding in my ears, my legs shaking vigorously I thought I’d collapse any minute now. The soldiers were going to be leaded by Holden and I. I put on the heavy gear that consisted of a thick vest, a vampire repellant belt that had pockets to hold the wooden stake to kill the vampires, pouches to hold the holy water that’d burn the vampire, and lastly the garlic. In my vest, I had a special gun that was designed to kill wizards and witches. In my inside zipper of the vest was the Elixir. Holden strapped on the gear on him and turned to secure everything on me.

“Ready?” He asked, mustering up a forced smile.

“Never been more ready. Let’s get this over with.” I walked over to the window of the cabin. Our army was standing outside, awaiting further instructions obediently.

“Emily, I… I want you to know that I’m so proud of you. I was miserable without you and I just… What I'm trying to say is that I love you. So, so much that you'll never know. Don’t ever forget that.”

I stared at Holden through the reflection on the window. He was right behind me, our bodies mere centimeters apart. He stared at our reflection too. Slowly, I turned around so that our bodies were pressed together. I reached up and gently brushed my fingertips against Holden’s cheek, staring into his eyes. And then slowly he bent his head. His lips were getting closer, closer... His scent was everywhere, the only thing I was breathing in… His breath was warm against my own lips… Our lips met… My head was dizzy… Where was I again? Weren’t we running out of time? The war… The battle…

But I couldn’t think correctly. Not now. I was so deeply wrapped in Holden’s sweet wrath, focusing on the way his lips moved against mine, focusing on the love and emotions and hunger and desperation running through the kiss.