i know you've been going through some things

Demi was trying, but failing, to catch her breath as she leaned over, balancing her hands against her knees and slightly squatting as she literally watched the sweat drip from her forehead to the floor of the gym. Today was her first photo shoot since having Gio, so she had decided to wake up with Odell and get in an early morning workout. Usually, she could keep up with him, but she had been slacking since they moved so to say that she was exhausted was an understatement. She already knew she would be feeling the effects of this for a few days, and this would be the last time he convinced her to "go hard or go home" for the sake of looking good in front of the camera.

"Baby, you okay?" Odell asked, slightly concerned as he watched the rapid rising and falling of Demi's chest as she tried to breathe. She stood up straight, leaning her head back as she placed her hands on top of her head and closed her eyes. Okay was not the word that she would use to describe how she felt.

"You need some water?" Odell questioned, grabbing a bottle of Core out of the refrigerator and opening it for her. Demi took it and gulped down half of it before she was finally able to speak.

"What the fuck? I was fine when we were doing it but now I literally can't breathe," Demi gasped before taking another few gulps of water.

"I don't think it's just the workout. I think it's the photo shoot too," Odell said as he played with the end of her ponytail. He had convinced her to grow her hair out to the middle of her back. If it got any longer, she usually chopped it right off because to her it was easier to manage shorter hair.

"What do you mean?"

"This is your first photo shoot back. I understand that you're nervous and I'm sorry that I can't be there with you," Odell apologized, but Demi shook her head.

"It's fine..." she trailed off, even though he was right. It was her first photo shoot in a long time and she was more than nervous to be in front of the camera again. Her body had changed in ways that she couldn't even describe since having Gio. Plus, she had changed. Photo shoots used to be nothing for her but now the thought of it was literally causing her heart to race and she couldn't catch her breath.

"Come on, baby. Let's get the kids up," Odell said, sensing that she didn't want to talk about it.

He intertwined their fingers and led them out of the guest house, crossing the backyard and going in through the kitchen so that they could wake up the kids. Since Odell just had training and Demi would have staff around her all day, they decided to just split the kids up and each take one. Gia liked to go with him but she also liked it when she got to go to photo shoots with Demi. But Gio liked being with his mother so he would probably end up with Demi while Odell took Gia.

"I've been thinking about that reality show thing," Odell said once he was out of the shower. They decided to let the kids sleep some more while they got ready. Odell was going to train and Demi had to get glammed at the studio so it's not like they had to do much.

"What about it?" Demi asked as she towel dried her hair.

"I think we should do it."

"Why?"

"Don't you think it'll be fun? And don't you think it'll be good memories for the kids to have?"

"No. And that's what iPhones are for. Odell, we just started talking to each other again yesterday after fighting for a week. You really want a camera to capture all of that?"

"But they don't have to. We can make it as fun and as lighthearted as we want it to be. And if we feel like they're showing stuff that we don't want them to, we can pull the plug on the whole thing," Odell explained, but Demi still wasn't buying it. She had done two documentaries before and she had also spent most of her life in front of her camera. Odell hadn't. To her, having cameras shoved in front of your face just wasn't a natural way to live, and Demi wanted no parts.