i promise we will be alright

Setting: Odell's Press Conference, Los Angeles, CA

Demi, can you hold the jersey up just a little bit higher please?" Odell's publicist instructed, causing Demi to nod as she slightly lifted the red jersey with the number 13 on the back

Even after getting married, having two kids, and going on to win a few more superbowls, Odell was still going strong on the field, some even noting that he was better than he ever had been. After deciding that his old contract was no longer satisfying him, he had made the bold move to the San Francisco 49ers. If there was anyone who was more happy about the move than he was, it was Demi. Being in San Francisco meant that they would be closer to family and it would be easier for both of them to have their careers instead of having to compromise.

"Okay, can we get the kids in a few shots?"

As soon as Odell's publicist led the kids on stage, Demi could tell that they were not about to make this easy for them. Gia had a foul look on her face. She was feeling better after fighting a fever and a stomachache for a few days, but you wouldn't be able to tell by the look on her face. Gio wouldn't even look at the cameras. Odell knelt down so that he was at Gia's height and she could help him hold the jersey while Demi swept Gio into her arms. He refused to be photographed, instead finding comfort in the crook of his mother's neck while playing with the ends of her hair. Demi handed the extra jersey off to Sarah then smiled as she tried to coax Gio into looking at the camera. She always cringed when parents had to bribe their kids into doing something but Demi had quickly become one of those parents. Sometimes it was just the easiest way to get things done.

"Come on Gio, give mommy a smile," Demi cooed, lightly tickling his side. She could feel him smiling against her skin, so she readjusted him in her arms so that his face was at least facing the cameras. "Look at mommy's good boy. Give me a smile, sweetie."

"Demi, can you place your hand on Odell's shoulder?" Another photographer suggested. Demi placed her hand on Odell's shoulder and moved in closer to him. Once Demi felt that they had enough shots, she shot Sarah a look who nodded along in agreement.

"Thank you so much everyone for your time, but that concludes our press conference. Thank you," Sarah concluded before she led their picture perfect family off of the platform.

Picture perfect. There was so much that the camera didn't capture. Like the obvious tension between the married couple as they posed for pictures after not talking to each other in a week. Like the fact that Demi had only put her wedding ring back on for the photographs but as soon as the session was over she was planning to slip it back onto the Cartier chain that was looped around her neck. Like the fact that Odell had a few tabs of apartments for rent in San Francisco because the thought of moving into their newly built estate in hills of Los Angeles suffocated him. Everything seemed so perfect in pictures, yet in reality, they were far from perfect.