Entry #8 - Trouble in Paradise

Started on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014

4:17 PM

Finished on Friday, December 5th

11:57PM

Wow, there is simply so much to say and not enough time to say it! Finals are coming up which include a boat load of projects so I’ve been quite busy running around with school work, going to work, seeing Brandon, and visiting my friends during their Thanksgiving break.

Where to start?

Let’s start with work.

Dalton has barely been around me, which has been a bit odd. I don’t know if it’s because he somehow stumbled upon this story and realized it was mine and is now offended, like my imagination thought up, or if being lovey dovey with Brandon while Dalton was near caused this. Either way, I’m not complaining.

The past week has been incredibly FRUSTRATING with trying to get over to the photo lab. Whenever Jeff has asked the people above me if I can get over to photo so he can show me around more and so I can help, it’s always been no. And a nasty no too. The same goes for when I ask if I can help out. One of them, Emma, said, “You don’t need to go over there. I worked photo and it’s watch it print and put in the envelope, not that hard.” She then said to Jeff, “You can’t f**king have her.”

One, photo is EXTREMELY complex and two, no employee should be swearing to others like that! It’s just been super frustrating for both Jeff and I. He keeps getting pissed off about it too because he is delivering poor customer service because he doesn’t have enough people to keep it running. The management also tends to simply throw people from other departments-who have no idea what their doing-in there and expect them to work it.

Last night, it was very slow in the store and after being denied to go and help Jeff, I was told to help fold in clothing. I asked if I could go to photo since there was 400 prints Jeff wanted me to do, but she said maybe if photo got caught up (note that this is a nicer one of the bunch that control the cashiers). After my break and long after Jeff left, I was let go to try out photo. This was the first time I did it on my own, so I did what I knew how and found the computer screen was on a completely unfamiliar page. So, I called Jeff and he couldn’t figure out what it was on or what I had to click on and even Alyssa from wireless couldn’t figure it out so we ended up shutting it down again.

This was probably the most frustrating part because I could have worked back there for two hours had we figured it out!! He found this morning it was two clicks away. AH!! Two simple clicks and I could have been so much more productive! Bleh.

So this morning, after some clocking in troubles, Jeff was once again denied having me help him. A few hours later, once more cashiers had come, they had me cover a door person break since they didn’t need me for cashiering. This infuriated Jeff as usual, so he complained to one of the highest people of the store, including the fact that the head of store had instructed him to do whatever he needed to do in order to keep the photo lab caught up.

This proved results as my manager soon asked me if I wanted to head over to photo followed by another one closing my line so I could go over there. I proved to be a great help to Jeff since one could always stay at the lab to help customers as another left to clean the ink sponges, etc. I spent about an hour over in photo, but it was truly great. I absolutely loved it! Hopefully I can manage to get over there again tomorrow morning.