Entry #7 - No Class!?

Tuesday, November 11th, 2014.

3:10 PM

Today I woke up to an alarm and contacted the university that I’m attending next semester. To be specific, their academic advising office, due to the fact they never got back to me yesterday. They did remember me and I got through to an advisor. However, due to the fact that I’m going to be majoring in art with an education minor and that the art program advisor is a professor, they could not help in advising what classes I should be taking.

All was not lost as we agreed to communicate by email. I also did find out that since I’m a transfer freshman, I will not be able to sign up for classes until next Wednesday, so I have some time left to sort things out now.

Brandon stopped over again, it snowed all morning again, Brandon and I did things again, and he also showed me pointless websites. Then he left, I did chores and took a shower before running off late to class. On the way out the door, my backpack zipper broke and spilled my books everywhere, but I simply threw it all in the car and let. Once I got there barely on time, I found out that class was cancelled due to my professor being ill.

It was good in that I had extra time, but bad because I could have just stayed home. After chatting with two of my classmates for a little bit, I decided to go home. Once at home, I cleaned out my car a bit, and watched some YouTube videos since I really don’t have any homework to do. Then Mom came home and told me to look at my financial aid.

Good thing I did too! Next semester’s aid went up from $3900 to $5200! I’m seriously making money from going to school - not even kidding. It helps being a good student from a barely middle class family. I looked into it more and understood why the aid went up and such. I’m very happy and excited about the whole thing!

Then I started typing up this. Mom and Will are going to see the movie Interstellar (which I hear is quite good), and I have to leave for work in 25 minutes. I also just cleaned out my last Nutella jar, so I will probably pick some up after work.

That’s about it. My day hasn’t been too terribly exciting. so I’ll work on Tara’s Story for a bit. Later~

8:58 PM

Work was slow, and with a four hour shift, it went by quite quickly. I bought a giant jar of nutella to replace the small one I finished earlier along with some bagels and cereal.

Now home, I’m looking at the possibilities of classes for me to take at university and am becoming very excited about the whole thing. Especially since it is likely that next year I will be in a band once more, playing the alto aka the love of my life. I simply cannot wait to do so!

Just having interesting classes in general and the possibilities i have right now is very exciting.

Right now, I am Skyping Brandon and we are attempting to play Taps to each other via harmonica. I know, classy.

Time to call it a night!

Hayley~