Entry #2 - Being a Creep's Crush

Thursday, November 6th, 2014  -  3:32 PM

Oh dear, I left my laptop out of sight on a college campus for one minute and nearly just flipped when I didn’t see it right away. It was blending with the wall a little bit.

Where to start...there are certainly a million things on my mind these days and so much that I could dump at once, but I’d like to start off a bit gentler. So I’ll start off with something less emotion wrecking: work.

See, I have to be clocked in an hour from now, which kind of stinks, but I’m not dreading it too much. I have a short shift tonight as it’s just over 4 hours long and I just had three days off. All things considered, it’s not too bad. However, I do have to work today, tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday-which is never fun. But it’s what I do every weekend. I haven’t had a day where I didn’t work or have to go to school in months. It probably was before school started honestly. So this weekend is like most others thus I’m not dreading it as some might, but simply accepting what I must do. What I am dreading is next weekend where I work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday. That one is going to seem to take forever.

At my work, I am a cashier so I’m the one who checks out all the items, takes payments, and probably spends the most time with customers than anyone else in the store. My job literally is entirely working with customers. Which isn’t a bad thing necessarily, but I do have the privilege of seeing how ignorant and simply dumb humans can be. It isn’t always fun, but it’s a doable job that’s worth the money I get from it that then goes towards food and gas.

What can I say? The working college girl life isn’t glamorous. With that, I must pack up and leave now in order to be on time.

9:15 PM

I’m home now, listening to Jenna Marble’s latest upload on YouTube while on the phone with Brandon as he plays Assassin's Creed Brotherhood while spending time with Mom in silence and typing this. I’m a great multitasker, I know.

Okay Brandon and Mom now aside, let me talk about an annoyance in my life. His name is Dalton, and he works as a cart attendant at the store I work at. Now, when someone tells you about another annoying person, it’s usually more universal to everyone that they’re annoying by how much they either pester, joke, lie, steal, etc. While Dalton is a nuisance to most of my fellow co-workers, it’s not in the way he is to me.

I don’t mind that he talks to me about really dumb things or has strong opinions on everything and is usually in a grumpy mood, but the fact that I am 97% sure he is crushing on me.

Now I have had a desperate guy crush on me for YEARS before and known it clear as day, and Dalton is no different. Dalton always walks me to my car and talks as long as possible whenever he can. He likes to know when I come in for work again, he asked my last name so he could search and friend me on Facebook, he asks for high fives, he hangs around my register when he has no reason to, and today he freaking asked for a hug just as I was walking into the store. I am in no way kidding, he did. And me, being the overly nice person that I am (which got me into this mess in the first place), accepted and gave him a short, awkward, light, side-hug before parting as quickly as I could. He then commented on how warm I was which I replied was simply because he’d been working outside so long.

I walked away and escaped him soon after that, but when my shift was over, I called Brandon so it’d seem like I was too busy to talk to Dalton. And it worked, as he did not say goodbye nor follow me to my car today, partially because my shift ended 15 minutes earlier than his. Had it not, this would be a different story.

He has met Brandon and obviously knows I’m in a relationship via Facebook so I can only hope that Dalton will stop furthering any advances and reduce his slight creepiness. Like the messages he wrote on my car windows when they were fogged up. Since I have not washed my car in recent weeks, in certain lights you can still read the ‘Hi’ he wrote on my back windshield with a smiley face. Yeah, it’s setting off my “get away from me” alarms quite a bit.

For now, it’s doable. While awkward, I live with this situation because no one at work really likes even talking to him. Well, I don’t really either, but I have the courtesy to at least pretend to be interested for the three minutes I usually have to endure it.

That’s all for today. I’m off to watch a few hours of YouTube videos-anything ranging from weddings and babies to best vine compilations.

Until next time,

Hayley