My Life

A/N: Are you ready? ;) I won't talk too much. Just want to say thank you so much, and let us all enjoy the chapter we've been waiting for. This is also unedited, so sorry for any mistakes!
- Saylem

Chapter XVI

I always fell hard when it came to love. It seemed like it's never been a simple crush for me; I've always felt so strongly so soon. I often wondered why I had to be that way, always caring about people too much, because it's always blown up in my face. But now, looking back, I understand it. I understand it all completely.

Being a young sixteen-year-old, and falling head over heels for Luke Vise. It's true, the old saying "Love blinds you", because not once did I really care that I was going to be used by him. It came across my mind maybe once, but after that, I only focused on getting him to like me back.

And I remember visiting my parents quite regularly, only because they insisted I do so that I could continue living on my own with my best friend, Kyle. Now I hate myself for that. I shouldn't have wanted to shut them out so badly only because of my sister moving back in. I did hate my sister, I still do to this day. But I would change that, honestly. If I could, I'd go back and visit and mend old wounds. I can't though. Not anymore.

That's okay though. Because not long after I went out on my journey, the main cause to it all broke into my house only two months later and held a knife to my throat. There, it was like all the past confusion was cleared. My true love Jeffrey Woods came into my life and saved me by almost killing me. He opened my eyes to everything.

He saved me from Luke.

He took me away from people like Kyle and Kenzi, who never really cared.

He showed me the life I was suppose to live, and he gave me two beautiful children.

Of course, I can't forget Andrew Heil. The man who took me away for only a little bit, to give me love and warmth while I was confused. I loved him -- I still do, I won't lie. But it's a different kind of love now. One that can't really be described. I feel sorry for what I've put him through, but really, I find it worth it. Without him, my life wouldn't be what it is.

I thank whatever God is out there that I care too easily. A heart like mine effortlessly found love in a man like Jeff. And that's the way it's meant to be.

After twelve straight hours of lying on the couch with Jeff, in the midst of my labor, the pain was starting to become worse. Maicey had plenty of time to ready herself and get everything set up for when the time would come. I was a nervous mess with the fact that I was in my home without any medical attention. Maicey was good at her job, I knew, but still, it was my children. If anything were to happen I hope it happens to me, and that my children are spared with good health. I'll do anything for them.

"I think she's ready," Maicey announces, putting on a clean pair of rubber gloves. The pain vanished once I realized what was happening. I'm about to deliver my babies. My babies...

Down below became unbearable. Now it all seemed like it was happening at lightning speed, and I had barely any preparation for what was to come.

I squeal as ripping pains develop. Biting my lip, I feel Jeff come behind me, wrapping his arms around me for comfort. "You're doing great, Kate," he tells me softly. "Everything's going to be okay,"

His lips kiss the back of my head and I could see Andrew become uncomfortable with the situation, but only because of jealousy. I won't lie, he did look faint when Maicey removed my underwear to begin with the birth, but it was only because I knew he didn't do well when it came to blood, and we all knew there would be a lot of blood.